Windows 10: Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there! I was trying to change some settings in system configuration to help my computer run faster, but when I was trying to apply the new changes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ygummy, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Ygummy Win User

Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

Hi there! I was trying to change some settings in system configuration to help my computer run faster, but when I was trying to apply the new changes I got a notification saying how i had Bitlocker encryption activated and so it would cause my computer to go into recovery mode at the next boot and i would need to provide a recovery password. Due to this, I researched how to disable Bitlocker Encryption and then attempted to only to find out, when I tried to go to my control panel settings and find “Bitlocker Drive Encryption” menu, not only was it not there, but when i also checked in my setti

:)

Ygummy, Jul 25, 2024

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 25, 2024
  3. mcraygsx Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

imgur.com
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    imgur.com
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Jul 25, 2024
  4. Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage

Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage

Sachive Anand, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

1. Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable disable Bitlocker

2. Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11: Hi there! I was trying to change some settings in system configuration to help my computer run faster, but when I was trying to apply the new changes I got a notification saying how i had Bitlocker encryption activated and so it would cause my computer to go into recovery...
  3. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  4. Bitlocker encryption disabled

Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  5. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage

Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage: Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows-11/2f99ca2c-4795-43d1-a8f1-00be350529cc
  7. Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage: Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 CoreSingleLanguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows-11/2f99ca2c-4795-43d1-a8f1-00be350529cc
  8. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  9. Unable to encrypt drive via Windows BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to encrypt drive via Windows BitLocker: Hi There is some background of my problem I am using Windows BitLocker for quite a while. My C drive is fully encrypted. BitLocker always asks me to provide a password whenever I press the power button to start my laptop. Once the Password is supplied then Boot starts....
  10. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...