Windows 10: Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

Discus and support Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cvhmanchester, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the version on a laptop win10. Before the change of computer, the transfer went seamlessly. So far, it has not been possible to create the files on K: before attempting the next transfer to the laptop.I have tried all sorts of of changes to the many security settings. permissions etc, but none have changed this error mess

:)

cvhmanchester, Apr 29, 2024
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 29, 2024
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 29, 2024
  4. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

Protecting files on a USB stick?

KISS

All you need to do is restrict access to the folder that contains the files. If only you can read/modify the files then they can't copy them. This should also allow you to use the program, as shortcuts will allow the program to be ran.

lilhasselhoffer, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

1. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick - Similar Threads - Unable copy folders

2. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  3. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  4. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  5. copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive: when i am copying 2 large folders both more than 2GB in size from hard disk to usb external drive should i copy both of them at same time or one at a time???????? thnx in advance 176705
  6. Copying files across 2 hard disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files across 2 hard disks: Hello, I have successfully copied about 500GB of files from a hard disk containing 800GB to a 2nd hard disk. But I now need to copy the other 300GB onto a 3rd hard disk. So what I want to know is if there is an XCOPY command or something similar to copy all files from the...
  7. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  8. while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space error message: I am having 476 Gb of a virtual machine and I am trying to take its backup in external USB disk. Here is a screenshot telling the free space on my hard disk 379 Gb [ATTACH] and here is a screenshot of error which I get when I try to copy paste the virtual machine vmdk...
  9. while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space

in Windows 10 Support
    while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space: I am having 476 Gb of a virtual machine and I am trying to take its backup in external USB disk. Here is a screenshot telling the free space on my hard disk 379 Gb [img] and here is a screenshot of error which I get when I try to copy paste the virtual machine vmdk files...
  10. Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB: I'm switching from an old desktop running XP to a new laptop running Windows 10. I've copied folders, including some programs, to an external hard drive and/or a USB. Windows Explorer in XP allowed me to just highlight files or folders I want to copy, then right click to...