Windows 10: Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account

Discus and support Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My microsoft rewards account has an outdated phone number associated with it despite all other aspects of my Microsoft account having my current phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by h8allcmo, Nov 18, 2023.

1. h8allcmo Win User

Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account

My microsoft rewards account has an outdated phone number associated with it despite all other aspects of my Microsoft account having my current phone number. I attempted to change this on the MS rewards page but the Captcha process is a clear as mud and i failed it 5 times. This is seriously the worst captcha process I have ever seen. I am now locked out of updating my phone number and I'm unable to redeem the points I have earned via spending money with Microsoft. Changing my phone number should be a very simple task and every other tech firm does this sort of thing far far better than Micro

:)

h8allcmo, Nov 18, 2023

2. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

I am from India and whenever I try to add my phone number to redeem Microsoft rewards a prompt shows up "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias" There's no problem even in receiving the otp and I even tried with two different phone numbers but it still isn't working

Daksh Bhati, Nov 18, 2023
  3. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

Hey Daksh!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on Microsoft Rewards. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

I understand that you have already tried to add 2 different phone numbers to no avail. Kindly try to perform the following workarounds using the same phone number:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com

2. Click on "Your info" at the top of the page, then select "Manage how you sign into Microsoft" from the left-hand menu.

3. Click on "Add email or phone number" and select "Add a phone number".

4. Enter your phone number and follow the prompts to verify it.

If you're still having trouble adding the phone number as an alias, it could be due to the phone numbers you're trying to add being already associated with another Microsoft account.

If the issue still remains, it would be best to reach out to Microsoft Rewards Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. You may contact them using the link below:

Sign in to Microsoft Rewards

You may also check this link for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Darhyl

Darhyl Mayte Amizola, Nov 18, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Microsoft Rewards without a phone number

Did you ever redeem some Microsoft Rewards point?

When I tried to redeem my points at page

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/

After I clicked "confirm reward", I was re-directed to a page of "Phone verification" to receive 6-digit code, and to make it worse, if I input my number, all I got is a page of:

There’s an issue with your account or order.

Tenforo, Nov 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account - Similar Threads - Unable change phone

2. How to add phone number for Microsoft rewards?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add phone number for Microsoft rewards?: Hii I'm trying to redeem something for Microsoft rewards and trying to add my phone number. I can't remember exactly what it said when I tried a few times since I've now been blocked but it was something like "We cannot add this verification method to your account". I have...
  3. How to add phone number for Microsoft rewards?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add phone number for Microsoft rewards?: Hii I'm trying to redeem something for Microsoft rewards and trying to add my phone number. I can't remember exactly what it said when I tried a few times since I've now been blocked but it was something like "We cannot add this verification method to your account". I have...
  4. How to add phone number for Microsoft rewards?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account

Unable to change phone number for Microsoft rewards account: My microsoft rewards account has an outdated phone number associated with it despite all other aspects of my Microsoft account having my current phone number. I attempted to change this on the MS rewards page but the Captcha process is a clear as mud and i failed it 5 times....
  6. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards: I am from India and whenever I try to add my phone number to redeem Microsoft rewards a prompt shows up "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias" There's no problem even in receiving the otp and I even tried with two different phone numbers but it...
  7. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards: I am from India and whenever I try to add my phone number to redeem Microsoft rewards a prompt shows up "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias" There's no problem even in receiving the otp and I even tried with two different phone numbers but it...
  8. How to change phone number on Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change phone number on Microsoft account: I need to edit phone number on Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-phone-number-on-microsoft-account/5bab2d82-0fcc-4402-8c37-3c078713705c"
  9. Microsoft Rewards without a phone number

Microsoft Rewards without a phone number: Let me know how I can use Microsoft Rewards without a phone number? I’ve got a lot of points and want to use them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-rewards-without-a-phone-number/14dee8df-1ff0-429c-976d-1427086b0ee3
  10. How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?

How to change the phone number in Microsoft account?: Help me to change the phone number in Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-phone-number-in-microsoft/65a2affa-6350-4435-afb8-c3e88352ddae