Windows 10: Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

Discus and support Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, when I connect my USB to my Lenovo laptop and try to change the title of some songs, it changes the file format as well and I can't then play that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shanika Amarasinghe, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

Hi, when I connect my USB to my Lenovo laptop and try to change the title of some songs, it changes the file format as well and I can't then play that song after that...help

:)

Shanika Amarasinghe, Jun 30, 2024

2. How to change File type on Windows 10 - File Extension Change

Windows 10 my jpegs. open with paint. Is that normal? It was a photo and opened in paint. I want to see the page of all the file extensions to see what they are opening. Somehow my friend has changed her DIP program to opening with pngs and thy won't open at all. she needs to change them back to what they were. I have looked online anf found nothing that helps...too complicated. Could I please get a step by step 1, 2, 3 etc list to help her change her program extension to the right one. Please and thank you.

purplelover, Jun 30, 2024
  3. unable to change file name in "photos".

Hi Steve,

Let us know the website you are referring to.

I suggest you to change file type/ extensions by right clicking on the file, click
    Rename, edit the name and extensions as you wish and check if it helps.

To know more about which type of photo file is accepted, try to contact the website support team.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of changing the photos file types for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2024
  4. Martmcd Win User

Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

File Extension change

In file explorer, click on the view tab and tick the box 'File name Extensions'

you can then change the extension of your files.

Note . although this works for .m4a to .m4r this is not a method for changing file formats.

Martmcd, Jun 30, 2024
Thema:

Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

1. Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension - Similar Threads - Unable change name

2. Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension: Hi, when I connect my USB to my Lenovo laptop and try to change the title of some songs, it changes the file format as well and I can't then play that song after that...help...
  3. Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change name of a file on a USB without changing File extension: Hi, when I connect my USB to my Lenovo laptop and try to change the title of some songs, it changes the file format as well and I can't then play that song after that...help...
  4. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9
  5. File Extension Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Extension Changes: My wife tried to open an Excel file she attached to an email before she sent it to make sure it was the right one. That act then proceeded to try to open over 150 files. They were still scrolling across the top when the only thing I could figure out what to do was to sign...
  6. File extension changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File extension changed: how can I recover my files that changed to .mado extension? is there any easy idea my all files are encrypted as .mado . How to decrypt ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-extension-changed/5eb5c4f3-acce-4907-9e10-857faaec0e1c
  7. File name change

File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  8. Change file extension for Notepad ++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file extension for Notepad ++: Ran multiple searches and hard to believe this hasn't been covered but ... I need to find 'Change Program' in the list of file extensions under Default Programs>"Associate a file type or protocol". Thank you. P.S. Also if the site's search can't find Notepad ++ (with or...
  9. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  10. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....