Windows 10: Unable to Add child account to Family group.

Discus and support Unable to Add child account to Family group. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ed Hurst, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Ed Hurst Win User

Unable to Add child account to Family group.

I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to monitor his screen time.I've tried different devices, browsers, and even used mobile data on my smart phone and keep getting error messages and graphics of melting popsicles and dropped ice cream cones. I've been dealing with messages like "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID:&

:)

Ed Hurst, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Amaira M, Jan 3, 2024
  3. Amaira M Win User
    Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Jan 3, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Hi Harry,

I am , a fellow Microsoft user like you.

I understand your concern. To add your child to the new family group, only the organizer can remove them from the current family group. If you can't find the remove option, try this:

> Use your child's account to visit this link: https://account.microsoft.com/family/home/settings

> Check who is listed as the organizer.

The organizer can remove your child's account. For detailed steps, please refer to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you’re still unable to find the option to remove them from the current family group, you could try contacting Microsoft Support for further assistance.

Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

> Type a keyword and press Enter.

> Then click "Contact Support"

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Tenforo, Jan 3, 2024
Thema:

1. Unable to Add child account to Family group. - Similar Threads - Unable Add child

2. Unable to add and join Family Group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add and join Family Group.: Unable to add and join Family Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-and-join-family-group/a9ac5067-9b41-41a6-af39-0236990502a8
  3. Unable to add and join Family Group.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add and join Family Group.: Unable to add and join Family Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-and-join-family-group/a9ac5067-9b41-41a6-af39-0236990502a8
  4. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  5. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  6. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  7. Unable to add a family in a family group.

Unable to add a family in a family group.: I ma unable to add my daughter to Family Safety as a member or organizer. I even bought the Family subscription bc the support person told me I need one. I am not sure it's true as it worked previously on the old laptop.I am running Windows 10 though it doesnt really matter...
  8. Unable to add a family in a family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a family in a family group.: I ma unable to add my daughter to Family Safety as a member or organizer. I even bought the Family subscription bc the support person told me I need one. I am not sure it's true as it worked previously on the old laptop.I am running Windows 10 though it doesnt really matter...
  9. Unable to add a family in a family group.

10. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...