Windows 10: Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account

Discus and support Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to add a new recovery phone number. Verification fails after adding a number. There is no option to receive text message on the phone, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SN_01, Oct 2, 2024 at 8:22 AM.

1. SN_01 Win User

Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account

I am unable to add a new recovery phone number. Verification fails after adding a number. There is no option to receive text message on the phone, and the option to receive code on WhatsApp does not move forward.Please help

:)

2. Unable to add yahoo accounts to Outlook app

I am trying to sync three yahoo accounts to my Outlook app on a PC and receive Error Code 0x801901f7 . I am also unable to add them to the app on my phone. I have logged into my Yahoo account through a browser, turned on Two step verification, and added
    a manage app password for Outlook Android but am still unable to sync. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Adding email accounts

Jenny La Mar, Oct 2, 2024 at 8:25 AM
  3. Kari Win User
    Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

4. Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account

Cannot remove an old recovery email from Yahoo

So long story short. I have an email account with Yahoo, and several years ago I was using another email service as a backup account recovery email. It has since gone out of business, but now I want to remove the email from my Yahoo account, but it won't let me. When I access my recovery options it is the only email that does not have the edit option available. My other two emails do, and so do my phone numbers. I cannot even contact Yahoo live support because they only do that for paid premium accounts, and not free accounts. The only help is an automated bot, and they give the to instructions in the screenshot. But like I said I can't do that because the edit option is not there. Any suggestions? I need to keep this Yahoo account, but I really want to remove this one email recovery account.

Bobby Phoenix, Oct 2, 2024 at 8:25 AM
Thema:

Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account

1. Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account - Similar Threads - Unable add recovery

2. Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add a new recovery phone number to @yahoo.com account: I am unable to add a new recovery phone number. Verification fails after adding a number. There is no option to receive text message on the phone, and the option to receive code on WhatsApp does not move forward.Please help...
  3. Can't add new ukrainian phone number to MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add new ukrainian phone number to MS account: Hello! Few time ago change my phone number. Realised that my MS account has old phone number, I've tried to set new security number - it says that "This country region code is not supported", but with old one - all was good. Any ideas what to do?...
  4. Can't add new ukrainian phone number to MS account

Can't add new ukrainian phone number to MS account: Hello! Few time ago change my phone number. Realised that my MS account has old phone number, I've tried to set new security number - it says that "This country region code is not supported", but with old one - all was good. Any ideas what to do?...
  5. Unable to add number to account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add number to account: Unable to link number to this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-number-to-account/2a9c7347-0d7f-4e5a-9967-7a582d706c2e
  6. Unable to add number to account

Unable to add number to account: Unable to link number to this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-number-to-account/2a9c7347-0d7f-4e5a-9967-7a582d706c2e
  7. Unable to add number to account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to add a phone number to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  9. Unable to add a phone number to my account

Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  10. Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a new phone number to my Microsoft Account: Hi, please tell me how to add a new phone number to my MS account. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-new-phone-number-to-my-microsoft-account/777d931d-d641-491b-9a9d-df4ebddfc58b