Windows 10: Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi

Discus and support Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of my users is unable to access her mapped drives via ethernet. But when she switched to wifi, somehow she is able to access them. Anyone encounter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iqbalx88, May 16, 2024.

1. Iqbalx88 Win User

Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi

One of my users is unable to access her mapped drives via ethernet. But when she switched to wifi, somehow she is able to access them. Anyone encounter this issue before?

:)

Iqbalx88, May 16, 2024

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, May 16, 2024
  3. adisid Win User
    Unable to map NAS drive

I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties.

The NAS drive is directly connected via ethernet cable to my laptop.

Laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise 1809.

Laptop's IP address on the ethernet card is set to 192.168.1.1

I was able to retrieve the IP address of the WD NAS drive by using the arp command and it's set to 192.168.1.2

I have forgotten the name of the root share folder on the NAS drive.

The problem:

I am unable to map the NAS drive to my laptop. When I try to click on Network in Windows Explorer OR use the Map Network Drive option, I get a "Network Discovery is turned off" error.

To enable Network Discovery, I turned on / enabled all of the below

1. In Advanced Network Sharing, network discovery is turned on for Private, Public, Domain and All Networks

2. DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host sevices are running

3. Network Discovery is checked in Windows Defender

4. Ran the following command as administrator netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes

In spite of this I get the "Network Discovery is turned off' error.

I am able to ping 192.168.1.2 in the command prompt and get a response.

Any suggestions on how to fix the error OR another way to access the NAS drive would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi.

adisid, May 16, 2024
  4. RCoon Win User

I cant access to my wifi router

You have replied twice with no reply from OP and no discernable reason.
    Reporting for spam.

RCoon, May 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi - Similar Threads - Unable access mapped

2. Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access mapped drives via ethernet, but is able to via wifi: One of my users is unable to access her mapped drives via ethernet. But when she switched to wifi, somehow she is able to access them. Anyone encounter this issue before?...
  3. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  4. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  5. Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...: Issue: Applications are unable to access the files using network mapped drive letter but accessible using UNC PathAzure VMWindows Server 2022 Datacenter Azure EditionCreated a file share from Azure storage and mounted as network drive in Azure VM using windows PowerShell...
  6. Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...: Issue: Applications are unable to access the files using network mapped drive letter but accessible using UNC PathAzure VMWindows Server 2022 Datacenter Azure EditionCreated a file share from Azure storage and mounted as network drive in Azure VM using windows PowerShell...
  7. No internet access via Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access via Wifi: Hello.In a couple laptops running under Windows 10 20H2 have the same network issue.One if the laptop have latest updates, one only till July 2021.The problem is, when laptops is connected to the Wifi network was tested a lot of networks I can ping IP address 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8...
  8. Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive: My backups to a NAS drive haven't worked for a couple of weeks after several year's of working successfully and it looks like a network problem. Here's the gist:I am able to view files contained on my NAS drive by using a Mapped drive in File Explorer - yet it doesn't appear...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  10. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...