Windows 10: Unable to access files on USB stick

Discus and support Unable to access files on USB stick in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrea4s, May 3, 2023.

1. Andrea4s Win User

Unable to access files on USB stick

I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in even after it disappears. Using Windows 11. I have tried it on my PC and laptop. I have got a new stick but could really do with recovering the files on this one!

:)

Andrea4s, May 3, 2023

2. Protecting files on a USB stick?

KISS

All you need to do is restrict access to the folder that contains the files. If only you can read/modify the files then they can't copy them. This should also allow you to use the program, as shortcuts will allow the program to be ran.

lilhasselhoffer, May 3, 2023
  3. Akumos Win User
    Protecting files on a USB stick?

I second this.. creates a file on the USB stick that can only be accessed when mounted... Then requires a password to access it.. Awesome free utility!

Akumos, May 3, 2023
  4. Dimi Win User

Going MAD!!! USB Sticks

I have Windows 7 64bit but since my last upgrade to an SSD (with format & clean install of Win7 64bit) i am unable to access ANY of my usb sticks.

I don't know what to do anymore.

These will not install correctly:

Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 8Gb
    Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 1GB
    Lacie USB HDD 320GB

My iPhone 3GS works fine.

Unable to access files on USB stick [​IMG]

Any Suggestions?

Dimi, May 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Unable to access files on USB stick - Similar Threads - Unable access files

2. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  3. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  4. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  5. unable to read exFAT on USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to read exFAT on USB stick: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520, 64-bit, Windows 10 Home. I have inserted a 128GB USB that has exFAT files on it. The laptop identifies the USB as drive E, but shows no files. Properties for the USB shows: Used space 768kb Free space 117GB There is supposed to be a .exe file...
  6. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

in Windows 10 Support
    usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility: i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool. all data and iso are intact, all subfolder...
  7. Transfer files to USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files to USB stick: I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome....
  8. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  9. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?: Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ? Thanks, Bob 30276
  10. windows 10 USB stick not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 USB stick not accessible: Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions. After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but when I try to open it - it says drive not accessible / access denied. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you 14034