Windows 10: Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...

Discus and support Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 version 21H2, 19044.1466 with keyboard set to English Canada — Canadian Multilingual Standard which should not matter in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maroberge, Apr 14, 2022.

1. maroberge Win User

Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...

I am using Windows 10 version 21H2, 19044.1466 with keyboard set to English Canada — Canadian Multilingual Standard which should not matter in this case. Pressing NumLock and typing some combinations results in the wrong characters.Alt+0152 returns character SMALL TILDE U+02DC; ˜; not the regular tilde, which is Alt+126 instead of character LATIN CAPITAL LIGATURE OE Œ, which is returned by Alt+0140.Alt+0153 returns trademark character ™; U+2122 instead of the œ ligature, which curiously appears as Alt+0156 in Word 2016's Special Characters.Alt+0156, which returns the œ ligature in an

:)

maroberge, Apr 14, 2022

2. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

I find it easier to just press the key with 1 on it, instead of Alt+(numpad)49 *Wink

Thanks for posting the information and the portable doc.

Every Windows has Charmap in Start | Windows Accessories. It's great if you need a one time character, but not as convenient as learning the few often typed characters such as the ones Dick mentioned.

If you want to go further with characters, beyond this thread then you should take a peek at Charmap

Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe... [​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 14, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Alt+Number displays wrong symbols

Hello Cluas62 Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe... :)

Type Character in the search box on the taskbar and select Character Map.

This should open a window which lets you see what characters are assigned to the various shortcuts. Here is mine - an alternative for the £ is ALT + 0163

Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe... [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...

Changing lowercase i to uppercase I

When using the default email app, when I type a sentance that uses i within the sentance, the app does not change from lowercase to uppercase. It does correctly work if you start a sentance with lowercase i and it is changed to uppercase, however when i
    is part way through a sentance it is not changed.

Baldrick 42, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...

1. Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe... - Similar Threads - Typing Alt+0152 Alt+0153

2. Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing Alt+0152 and Alt+0153 returns wrong characters instead of uppercase and lowercase oe...: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2, 19044.1466 with keyboard set to English Canada — Canadian Multilingual Standard which should not matter in this case. Pressing NumLock and typing some combinations results in the wrong characters.Alt+0152 returns character SMALL TILDE...
  3. Cannot type alt characters into Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type alt characters into Notepad: Since you changed Notepad on us to v. 11.2112.32.0, I can no longer type alt characters those where you hold down the alt key and use the numeric keypad, such as –, —, é, à. Seems to be a really major omission to disallow basic, common characters like that. How can we enter...
  4. Cannot type alt characters into Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type alt characters into Notepad: Since you changed Notepad on us to v. 11.2112.32.0, I can no longer type alt characters those where you hold down the alt key and use the numeric keypad, such as –, —, é, à. Seems to be a really major omission to disallow basic, common characters like that. How can we enter...
  5. alt tab returning to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    alt tab returning to task bar: Full screen apps and games keep minimizing itselfwhen i do alt tab the app minimize, same as clicking the app on the task bar, it always minimize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-returning-to-task-bar/79a0bc2a-cadb-475f-9ad0-8350b8acdb27
  6. Alt code results in wrong character

Alt code results in wrong character: I tried Alt 236 and it is supposed to be ∞ but i got ý. And Alt 0253 is ý too. Anyone know how to fix this? i use Unicode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-code-results-in-wrong-character/ffa472d8-2266-4d92-8947-2432bbb4efd3
  7. Alt codes for special characters not working

Alt codes for special characters not working: I have a new Lenovo Yoga 530 with Windows 10. My keyboard doesn't have a numpad on the right hand side. Alt codes for special characters are not working in document apps or any other text input area in a web browser etc. I have done the following but it hasn't worked: 1....
  8. Disabling ctrl alt characters

Disabling ctrl alt characters: Hello Microsoft community, I have never had this problem until today when I did a fresh install of Windows 10. A lot of programs I use for development have ctrl alt shortcuts, for some reason some of the keys do not toggle the shortcuts I have bound to them. Upon further...
  9. ALT Characters WON'T type

ALT Characters WON'T type: Hi, I am using a French keyboard (Dell SK-8165). The top numbers row has 12 keys. The firs left key has: #, \ and | characters The second key has: 1, ! and + and - characters The third key has: 2, " and @ characters The fourth key has: 3, / and £ characters The fifth...
  10. Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters: This problem has gone one for 3 years. ALT+### codes do not work for most Windows Apps. I have had Windows Support troubleshoot this, with no success. I have had SteelSeries (keyboard manufacturer) troubleshoot this, with no success. The only app I have that it works with is...