Windows 10: Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

Discus and support Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently re-installed windows and now whenever I boot my pc windows prompts me to choose one of them, however is there any way to tell which one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yenaid G, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Yenaid G Win User

Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

I recently re-installed windows and now whenever I boot my pc windows prompts me to choose one of them, however is there any way to tell which one is which? Since one of on an and SSD that will probably die in the next year and the other is one that is relatively new

:)

Yenaid G, Dec 20, 2023

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Dec 20, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 sound volume not correct

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 20, 2023
  4. Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 20, 2023
Thema:

Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

1. Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one? - Similar Threads - volumes correct

2. Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?: I recently re-installed windows and now whenever I boot my pc windows prompts me to choose one of them, however is there any way to tell which one is which? Since one of on an and SSD that will probably die in the next year and the other is one that is relatively new...
  3. Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two windows volumes, which one is the correct one?: I recently re-installed windows and now whenever I boot my pc windows prompts me to choose one of them, however is there any way to tell which one is which? Since one of on an and SSD that will probably die in the next year and the other is one that is relatively new...
  4. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  5. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  6. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?: Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and absolutely...
  7. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?: Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and absolutely...
  8. volume icon has a red x on it . How do i correct this?

9. File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C...: My 1 TB hard disk is split in two Volume C and F. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago, the volume F vanished from File Explorer and there was no restore point left to go backward. Instead I used RECOVERY to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 and stopped the...
  10. Storage settings is not detecting my C:/ volume correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage settings is not detecting my C:/ volume correctly.: I shrunk 64GB from C:/ to install another operating system. For some reason, my system still thinks the C volume is 931GB while it's actually 867GB in computer management. Is there a way to fix this? 81.5G of "system files" doesn't look very healthy...[ATTACH][ATTACH]...