Windows 10: Two Windows on Two different mode (Bios & UEFI) How to dual boot?

Discus and support Two Windows on Two different mode (Bios & UEFI) How to dual boot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 250GB GPT SSD and installed Windows 10-64bit in UEFI mode. Also, I have 1TB MBR HDD and installed Windows 7-32bit in BIOS mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mineworld, Dec 22, 2016.

1. mineworld Win User

Two Windows on Two different mode (Bios & UEFI) How to dual boot?

I have a 250GB GPT SSD and installed Windows 10-64bit in UEFI mode.

Also,

I have 1TB MBR HDD and installed Windows 7-32bit in BIOS mode.

Currently, I have to go to bios setting every time and change boot priority manually in order to boot from another windows. Is there any way to use Windows Boot Manager (dual boot) instead of selecting manually from mainboard setting?

:)

mineworld, Dec 22, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

UEFI bios, win10 on two different drives, one 1607, one 1703 creators update

Received a request from from the MS community forum team to the status of this post.

Should have kept this simple, 2 separate hard drives both with win10, 1 1607 the other 1703.

Have been using the hard drive that has 1607, instead of upgrading 1607 to 1703, I just wanted

to swap drive 1 (1607) too drive 2 (1703).

Just wiped the drive with 1703 and it in use as a storage drive.

kjl1956, Dec 22, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    UEFI bios, win10 on two different drives, one 1607, one 1703 creators update

UEFI bios, win10 on two different drives, one 1607, one 1703 Creators Update.

Had issues with 1703 Creators Update on this pc, mainly audio, dts & dd.

Had cloned 1607 first before 1703 Creators Update on this pc, swapped drives.

Now getting messages to install 1703 every day.

The question here is this, I do not want to take the chance of the same issues recurring.

Would it be easier to swap out the drive that has 1703 or cause issues with data

corruption on other media (storage) as it did when swapping 1703 to 1607.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

kjl1956, Dec 22, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

Other then reinstalling W7 in UEFI to a GPT drive, or reinstalling 10 in Legacy mode to a MBR disk, then no.

You`ll have to keep switching, you are going to have to choose a bios method and stick with it if you want a true simple dual boot.

I would consider the way you`re doing it a real hassle and wouldn`t think twice about fixing it correctly.

AddRAM, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Two Windows on Two different mode (Bios & UEFI) How to dual boot? - Similar Threads - different mode Bios

2. Dual Windows Install, Two Windows installed in two different SSD's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Windows Install, Two Windows installed in two different SSD's.: Hi. Im sorry for the lack of information im going to provide, if anyone is willing to help I'll try to clarify what is needed to you in order to help me. Im sorry for my english, its not the best. With this being said, lets start. For personal reasons, I want two windows...
  3. Dual Windows Install, Two Windows installed in two different SSD's.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Windows Install, Two Windows installed in two different SSD's.: Hi. Im sorry for the lack of information im going to provide, if anyone is willing to help I'll try to clarify what is needed to you in order to help me. Im sorry for my english, its not the best. With this being said, lets start. For personal reasons, I want two windows...
  4. Dual Windows Install, Two Windows installed in two different SSD's.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot: Hello, I installed a second Windows 10 installation now I have two Windows 10 installation dual-boot. Now the newer OS is set to load by default. But when I turn the laptop on, instead of the Windows Boot Manager menu I get black screen for 30 secs the 30 secs originally...
  6. Dual Boot two Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot two Windows: Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-two-windows/fc7ec334-c03a-4172-8b7e-d25da81c6763"
  7. Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  8. Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  9. Lost dual boot with two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost dual boot with two hard drives: ***Modify title from: LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.*** Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located on another 1 TB...
  10. Dual boot. Two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot. Two problems.: Problem 1 *Smile I've successfully installed W10 to dual boot with Vista. It works well but for one irritation, which is that I am asked for my password every time I select and boot to W10. I get that multi-coloured W10 rainbow lock screen ? the one that you click and it...