Windows 10: Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

Discus and support Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Lobato1, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site that cannot redirect. I added MS, Bing, and the actual URL address. I then close. When I go back later there is no sign that I added anything.I backed up about 132 folders that have files within them. They may be videos or Word and pdf files. When I opened it the other day the folders that had dates or descriptions on them

:)

David Lobato1, Apr 23, 2024

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 23, 2024
  3. External drives not accepting changes to names

Hi Steve,

You can try changing the driver names through Disk Management. To access disk management, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key and type, "manage".
    • Right-click on Computer Management and choose to Run as Administrator.
    • On the left pane, click on Disk Management. Here, you may change the names of the external drives.

Also, try revealing hidden files folders and delete the Autorun.inf folder. You will also need administrator rights to delete them. Once they're deleted, restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jairit Bet, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

1. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external... - Similar Threads - question stop ads

2. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...: Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site...
  3. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...: Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site...
  4. What's with all the ads?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's with all the ads?: To play the solitaire games, you used to have to watch a 30-second ad of some sort. Now it seems the ads are endless. Sometimes I watch five minutes of ads before giving up. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to put me off the games completely. I tried the reset...
  5. Font changed for no reason...in all my applications

Font changed for no reason...in all my applications: One day my font or something just randomly changed now I can't read anything in my apps. Everything looks thinner and lighter now. Can anyone tell me how to reset system fonts or something?...
  6. Icon changing names for no reason

Icon changing names for no reason: I was using my PC recently and had to go into "This PC" from Windows System in Start List. When i entered there were folders for Desktop and Documents but no downloads folder. Music , Pictures and Videos folders were there. At this stage i noticed Downloads had been renamed...
  7. Font changed for no reason...in all my applications

Font changed for no reason...in all my applications: This includes on the browser tabs etc. I can't change the font. I've tried going into settings and choosing a new font but there is no save button and it doesn't seem to work. I think I might have rested my hand and hit some keys or something. Now the font is thinner and hard...
  8. ALL FILE NAMES EXTENTION ON MY LAPTOP CHANGED TO .OWACFM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILE NAMES EXTENTION ON MY LAPTOP CHANGED TO .OWACFM: I need a solution to this problem scanning for virus is not helping all the files have this extention eg:- bedroom.dwg.owacfm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-file-names-extention-on-my-laptop-changed-to/6db6dd31-f23a-4487-a399-69f6454f71e2"
  9. What are all these files with ".1" in their names?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are all these files with ".1" in their names?: Hello I have started to see lots of extra files with ".1" added to the end of the file name just before the extension. e.g. in addition to finance.xlsx, I now also have finance.1.xlsx e.g. In addtion to letter_to_acme.doc , I now also have letter_to_acme.1.doc...
  10. What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?: I have noticed Windows 10 has a path: This PC > Local Disk (C*Smile > Users > there In Windows 7 "there" was my first name. They have even added a path like this in my Documents folder that I have in an external back up hard drive. 1. What is "there" supposed to...