Windows 10: Two Program Files on different disks?

Discus and support Two Program Files on different disks? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a month or so, I found a second folder names Program Files on my PC. Its not on my SSD where I had the original. but on my HHD. It also has one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimG_OnPC, Sep 28, 2024 at 2:42 AM.

1. TimG_OnPC Win User

Two Program Files on different disks?

Since a month or so, I found a second folder names Program Files on my PC. Its not on my SSD where I had the original. but on my HHD. It also has one folder in it named ModifiableWindowsApps and that one is empty.Along that it came with a new folder named WpSystem i can open and a WindowsApps folder that I cant even access as me being the administrator.Is this malware or is my PC trying to expand its storage?

:)

2. anyquist Win User

Cannot read files on floppy disk

Hi, I have files that I know are good on a floppydisk. On trying to access them a message says the disk need formatting. I have tried to use PhotoRec from the UBCD but it will apparantly only read HDD or CD/DVD.

Can anyone suggest a freeware program that might work. Thank you for your help.

3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

Thema:

1. Two Program Files on different disks? - Similar Threads - Program Files different

2. Two Program Files on different disks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Program Files on different disks?: Since a month or so, I found a second folder names Program Files on my PC. Its not on my SSD where I had the original. but on my HHD. It also has one folder in it named ModifiableWindowsApps and that one is empty.Along that it came with a new folder named WpSystem i can open...
  3. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  4. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  5. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting two programs from a single batch file is different than starting two programs in...: First Concrete example: I run “Start Resident Evil 2” from a batch file I run “Start Resident Evil 2 Trainer” from another batch file Everything works! Okie dokie... So let’s simplify it a bit... I run “Start Resident Evil 2” and “Start Resident Evil 2 Trainer” from the...
  7. Two exact windows files and program files

Two exact windows files and program files: Having a weird problem after switching to a new ssd where it looks like I have two installations of windows on my pc. I checked all duplicate folders and they have the same files. How do I fix this or should I just wipe the drive and reinstall windows? This is a new ssd and I...
  8. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...
  9. Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks): Hi there, I'm thinking to buy a new PC with a powerful core (i9) and a couple of hard disks: One for Windows 10 Home and one for Linux (probably CENTOS); caused my job. Can you please advise me about how to proceed with the installation? Is it better to unplug the hard disk...
  10. Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Two Identical Computers / Different Available Disk Space: My company is test driving Intel Nuc Mini PCs to power digital sign boards. The two I have currently is for testing - if it works out well, we'll buy more. Anyhow, out of the box, I installed the 300+ updates. The SSD is only 32GB so I had to connect a USB drive to download...