Windows 10: Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

Discus and support Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FastChimera6999, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to the right of the user login widgets on Edge top right corner of the tab. Only turns off some of the functionality and I have to do this every time I log in. I will never use Copilot, the Chat function, or the so-called AI function. How do I get rid of this stuff and still continue to use Microsoft.

:)

FastChimera6999, Feb 14, 2024

2. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 HOME edition

I want to fully disable (or preferably remove) Copilot and all other AI functionality in Windows 11 Home Edition. This question may belong under another topic; I just guessed at Settings.

See the bottom of this post for system information. Below are specific questions related to the details of disabling Copilot and AI functionality. I have not been able to find any of this information on any Microsoft resources; perhaps I missed something?.

• Disabling Copilot in Windows 11 Home Edition: Please note that I am running Windows 11 Home edition - not Pro, Enterprise, etc., where I could solve the problem with group policies or other administrative options. The Windows Update setting "Get the latest updates" is turned on, so I am running Copilot Preview.

• Copilot Taskbar Button: I have hidden Copilot on the taskbar, but that is obviously not the same as disabling Copilot or other AI functionality.

• Disabling Copilot via Registry: There are instructions on various websites for disabling Copilot by editing the registry; I would appreciate details about how to do that, as long as the necessary edits are reasonably safe and reliable.

• Disabling all AI functionality: How centralized is AI functionality in Windows 11? Does disabling Copilot disable AI functionality across all Windows 11 built-in features, as well as Microsoft desktop apps? Or has AI metastasized across the entire Windows ecosystem, requiring a constant game of whack-a-mole to disable everywhere?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Laura

Windows System Information:

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

OS build OS Build 22621.2361 Preview (KB5030310)

LChalifoux, Feb 14, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Delivering Copilot for everyone

Official Microsoft Blog:
    Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings 405210d1707329738t-microsoft-delivering-copilot-everyone-copilot_carousel.jpg
    As we approach Super Bowl weekend, were thrilled to be a part of the festivities for the first time in four years. This year, were proud to celebrate the transformative power of AI and Microsoft Copilot, showcasing peoples watch me moments with Copilot enabling people to do things previously unattainable. With a simple sentence or two, you will see a budding entrepreneur turn a fledgling idea for a new product into an actionable business plan, a filmmakers concept into a rich set of storyboards, and a fantasy football players team come to life with a mascot image they can edit inline. Coincident with the launch of , we are also launching a significant new update to our Microsoft Copilot experience on copilot.microsoft.com and our Copilot app on iOS and Android app stores. Today when you visit Copilot, you will see a more streamlined look and feel designed to help you bring your ideas to life and more easily gain understanding about the world. We have introduced a cleaner, sleeker look and feel for answers and a fun new carousel of suggested prompts to showcase the power of Copilot. Today marks exactly one year since our entry into AI-powered experiences for people with Bing Chat. In that year we have learned so many new things and seen the use of our Copilot experiences explode with over 5 billion chats and 5 billion images created to date which have led to sustained growth in Edge and Bing share. Now with Copilot as our singular experience for people looking to get more out of AI creation, we are today introducing further image creation capabilities. With Designer in Copilot, you can go beyond just creating images to now customize your generated images with inline editing right inside Copilot1, keeping you in the flow of your chat. Whether you want to highlight an object to make it pop with enhanced color, blur the background of your image to make your subject shine, or even reimagine your image with a different effect like pixel art,2 Copilot has you covered, all for free. If youre a Copilot Pro subscriber, in addition to the above, you can also now easily resize and regenerate images between square and landscape without leaving chat. Lastly, we will soon roll out our new Designer GPT inside Copilot, which offers an immersive, dedicated canvas inside of Copilot where you can visualize your ideas. Copilot is free to use and works on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Or download the Copilot mobile app on iOS or Android. AI is the defining technology of our time. Microsofts advancements in AI align with our company mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. With Copilot, were democratizing our breakthroughs in AI to help make the promise of AI real for everyone. Source: https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/202...-for-everyone/

Brink, Feb 14, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

Microsoft Copilot is now generally available

Source: Microsoft Copilot is now generally available | Bing Search Blog

Brink, Feb 14, 2024
Thema:

Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

1. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings - Similar Threads - Turn off Copilot

2. non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    non-functioning AI. Copilot Key: Hello, I recently bought a laptop with the Copilot key, but when I press it, search in Windows opens. Could you please assist me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-ai-copilot-key/8e5dfc6d-64e9-4408-8a1e-729e844b74a2
  3. non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    non-functioning AI. Copilot Key: Hello, I recently bought a laptop with the Copilot key, but when I press it, search in Windows opens. Could you please assist me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-ai-copilot-key/8e5dfc6d-64e9-4408-8a1e-729e844b74a2
  4. Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall: Dear Support, no response to this question is required. I simply want to provide Microsoft with some customer feedback.Like many others you've been hearing from, I intensely dislike the direction MS is going with their new and "improved" features such as CoPilot, CoCreator...
  5. Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall

Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall: Dear Support, no response to this question is required. I simply want to provide Microsoft with some customer feedback.Like many others you've been hearing from, I intensely dislike the direction MS is going with their new and "improved" features such as CoPilot, CoCreator...
  6. turning Copilot on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turning Copilot on and off: Copilot has a bad habit of popping up unexpectedly in a sidebar on top of other programs and blocking part of whatever I'm doing. I found instructions to disable it in Settings, but why doesn't it just sit in the taskbar waiting to be clicked and then pop up when it's needed?...
  7. turning Copilot on and off

turning Copilot on and off: Copilot has a bad habit of popping up unexpectedly in a sidebar on top of other programs and blocking part of whatever I'm doing. I found instructions to disable it in Settings, but why doesn't it just sit in the taskbar waiting to be clicked and then pop up when it's needed?...
  8. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings: turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to...
  9. Saving my personal settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving my personal settings: Hi, I want to reinstall my windows for getting a fresh start using the Reset option but I want to know, is it possible for me to backup my current settings, so that I can restore the settings after I reinstall windows....
  10. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...