Windows 10: Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10

Discus and support Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The install program is telling me I have devices that are not compatible. I found a new driver for the graphics card, but can't find one for the IDE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kkcjwkx2, May 13, 2019.

1. kkcjwkx2 Win User

Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10

The install program is telling me I have devices that are not compatible. I found a new driver for the graphics card, but can't find one for the IDE Controller. It is a CMD PCI-0649 Ultra DMA IDE Controller. Anyone know where I can find a driver? I'm not interested in a program that is going to look for updated drivers for everything, I just want to update the one driver. Thank you.

:)

kkcjwkx2, May 13, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, May 13, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 13, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade

2. I'm trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to Windows 10: Upon downloading the Media Creation Tool _22H2 I got the following error: 0x80072F8F-0x20000I then follow the instructions given by Derrick19 - MSFT Microsoft Agent ModeratorPlease try the methods below and check.1. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete...
  3. I'm trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to Windows 10: Upon downloading the Media Creation Tool _22H2 I got the following error: 0x80072F8F-0x20000I then follow the instructions given by Derrick19 - MSFT Microsoft Agent ModeratorPlease try the methods below and check.1. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete...
  4. I'm trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "We couldn’t update system reserved partition " Error occurs when i tried upgrading my Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We couldn’t update system reserved partition " Error occurs when i tried upgrading my Win...: I then used AOMEI Partition Assistant to increase the size of my "EFI System Partition". Still it shows the same error, can anyone help me with the same? Specs: i5 10th gen 10300H, 256 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 24 Gigs of RAM...
  6. "We couldn’t update system reserved partition " Error occurs when i tried upgrading my Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn’t update system reserved partition " Error occurs when i tried upgrading my Win...: I then used AOMEI Partition Assistant to increase the size of my "EFI System Partition". Still it shows the same error, can anyone help me with the same? Specs: i5 10th gen 10300H, 256 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 24 Gigs of RAM...
  7. "We couldn’t update system reserved partition " Error occurs when i tried upgrading my Win...

8. after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...: i have done everything i could find in the PowerShell and cmd. I've reset the computer, I've deleted windows defender folder and restarted, I've done an in-place upgrade, i don't have any school or work accounts, i did the security health checkup both with download and...
  9. after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...: i have done everything i could find in the PowerShell and cmd. I've reset the computer, I've deleted windows defender folder and restarted, I've done an in-place upgrade, i don't have any school or work accounts, i did the security health checkup both with download and...
  10. error 0xc1900101 when trying to upgrade to 23h2 on Windows 11

error 0xc1900101 when trying to upgrade to 23h2 on Windows 11: Hello Everyone,I've been trying for several weeks to install 23h2 update but I can't find what is causing the error.I saw some people in the community sharing the below information, Could you please help? Thank you in advanceHP EliteDesk 705 G4 SFFAMD Ryzen 7 ProCuentas de...