Windows 10: Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.

Discus and support Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Progress Bar says “Removing Product MPS” and then crashes my computer causing an blue screen saying “RECOVERY It looks like Windows didn’t load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William Battaglia, Jul 29, 2024.

1. Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.

Progress Bar says “Removing Product MPS” and then crashes my computer causing an blue screen saying “RECOVERY It looks like Windows didn’t load correctly”. I just want to unistall all files related to Mcafee

:)

William Battaglia, Jul 29, 2024
  2. Time Lady Win User

Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Time Lady, Jul 29, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
  4. Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.

Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

Yep, @Borg 386's advice to use the MCPR tool is the way to go.

As a McAfee refugee/survivor from many years back, I always remove it from my OEM computers.
    I just did so on this new Dell 8900 Win10 box.

A couple of "pearls" from the "been there, done that" camp:

1) It's not a bad idea to "activate" and "register" the OEM McAfee on the system BEFORE you uninstall it, as explained in the TS article for which @Borg 386 provided the link. That way, in the unlikely event that you do ever reinstall McAfee on that system, you will still have your download and activation rights.

2) If you plan to replace McAfee with a more robust 3rd-party AV/security suite, it's not a bad idea to get all of your 3rd-party productivity and other programs/apps installed first. My experience is that McAfee is far less "finicky" about software installs than -- for example -- the Kaspersky with which I replace it. So, as with this new system, I got most/all of my programs installed first, and THEN I replaced McAfee with Kaspersky.

3) It's a good idea to exactly follow the steps detailed in the TS article provided in @Borg 386's post, in order to get a proper, clean uninstall of McAfee. Occasionally, one needs to run the MCPR tool more than once (rebooting in between), and (rarely) it must be run from Windows Safe Mode to clean up remnants.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 29, 2024
Thema:

Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.

1. Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes. - Similar Threads - Trying uninstall Mcafee

2. Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to uninstall Mcafee using MCPR and every time it gets halfway it crashes.: Progress Bar says “Removing Product MPS” and then crashes my computer causing an blue screen saying “RECOVERY It looks like Windows didn’t load correctly”. I just want to unistall all files related to Mcafee...
  3. How to Uninstall McAfee ?

How to Uninstall McAfee ?: I'm trying to install McAfee, but am unable to because I keep getting a popup that says McAfee UI Host has stopped working. Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/991fa8e1-cf7e-4ac5-a668-1c78f2fa8294
  4. Windows crashes every time trying to print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes every time trying to print: Hello community supporters, I wonder if anybody had a similar issue after the latest update:2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB50344672024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...
  5. Windows crashes every time trying to print

Windows crashes every time trying to print: Hello community supporters, I wonder if anybody had a similar issue after the latest update:2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB50344672024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems...
  6. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  7. How to Uninstall McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall McAfee: I want to delete all of McAfee from my computer. How do I do that? [Original Title: McAfee] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/37edc497-3cc5-44a6-a839-18aaae7eb203
  8. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  9. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  10. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...