Windows 10: Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

Discus and support Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to reinstall windows, however, when i try to the it says that there is no hard drive. I installed already the drivers but still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oliver PAtron, Sep 27, 2024 at 2:52 PM.

1. Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

I'm trying to reinstall windows, however, when i try to the it says that there is no hard drive. I installed already the drivers but still not detected. When trying to see in in diskpart it also dosent show up. Even when entering repair mode when clicking shift and restart on normal windows it dosent show up. Is even the same hard drive where i have windows installed. I cannot clean it since it dosen't show up on diskpart. Help please.

:)

Oliver PAtron, Sep 27, 2024 at 2:52 PM

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 27, 2024 at 2:57 PM
  3. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Sep 27, 2024 at 2:57 PM
  4. ze ultimo Win User

Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

Thema:

Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

1. Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart. - Similar Threads - Trying reinstall hard

2. Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.: I'm trying to reinstall windows, however, when i try to the it says that there is no hard drive. I installed already the drivers but still not detected. When trying to see in in diskpart it also dosent show up. Even when entering repair mode when clicking shift and restart on...
  3. Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall windows, but hard drive not showing working neither showing up in diskpart.: I'm trying to reinstall windows, however, when i try to the it says that there is no hard drive. I installed already the drivers but still not detected. When trying to see in in diskpart it also dosent show up. Even when entering repair mode when clicking shift and restart on...
  4. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  5. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  6. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.: So I went to diskpart and selected the wrong drive and I cleaned it. It is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/went-to-diskpart-and-cleaned-my-external-hard/1fae8a5c-9e49-4b25-943b-a635402f6f75
  8. Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.

Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.: So I went to diskpart and selected the wrong drive and I cleaned it. It is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/went-to-diskpart-and-cleaned-my-external-hard/1fae8a5c-9e49-4b25-943b-a635402f6f75
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  10. Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drives not showing up on reinstallation of windows 10: I have a 7 year old PC. I've added a few 2 tb internal hard drives to it over the years - because back then, Intel, Gigabyte and the rest said it could be done - and they were right! I ended up with Drives C, and D, E, F and G. I know, I know. Just call it a personal quirk....