Windows 10: Trying to reformat my windows drive.

Discus and support Trying to reformat my windows drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a year and a 1/2 ago I wiped my computer. But while doing so, my C drive was 1 TB and it got formatted into 400 GB. I just wiped my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/romcom200, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Trying to reformat my windows drive.

About a year and a 1/2 ago I wiped my computer. But while doing so, my C drive was 1 TB and it got formatted into 400 GB. I just wiped my computer again. And I'm trying to make my c drive back to A Terabyte. No matter what I do I can't wipe it or reformat it. And I don't know what to do.

submitted by /u/romcom200
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/romcom200, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Jan 9, 2024
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jan 9, 2024
  4. Trying to reformat my windows drive.

little cat, Jan 9, 2024
Thema:

Trying to reformat my windows drive.

1. Trying to reformat my windows drive. - Similar Threads - Trying reformat drive

2. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  3. Reformatting A Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reformatting A Hard Drive: I have an issue with a hard driveIt needs do be reformatted buy its on read only but but I cant set it to read only thehard drive was used so i tried to change the setting of security. It greyed out...
  4. reformatting my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reformatting my hard drive: Previous old answers to this question did not answer how to format and wipe a hard drive in order to completely reload a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-hard-drive/92a215f1-7444-4a89-bca4-e11b8146e1b8
  5. Trying to reformat old boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to reformat old boot drive: Running Win10 1909 64 bit. I replaced my old 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I'd like to format the old 1TB HDD and use it to replace my 640GB HDD "D" drive. So, I plugged in the old HDD and booted. Came up with a bluescreen that asked said I needed to go back to change the BIOS. The...
  6. Windows 10 reformatted my NTFS drive to be a GPT drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reformatted my NTFS drive to be a GPT drive: This is a very weird problem. So I am just going to present what happened and see if anyone has ever heard of this. :-) I was using Windows XP. I have a Dell laptop and I am using XPx86 version. My laptop has 8GB of memory - only 4GB are being used. I had no idea, when I...
  7. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...
  8. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...
  9. Reformatting Hard Drives.

Reformatting Hard Drives.: I am in the process of backing up my entire PC to an external hard drive including a system image. After backing up I want to reformat my existing internal hard drive that contains the windows 10 operating system. My question is: Can I reinstall windows 10 after I have...
  10. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent: How did you guys do the recovery drive function??? This is garbage!!! Okay, you first tell me that I better create one, so I plug in my backup drive with my stuff Then you tell me you need to reformat my drive before start, I click no. Why the hell are you reformatting...