Windows 10: Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

Discus and support Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This was not like this yesterday, why is it like this now? "open" was at the first top in bold text and now "edit" is and it opens paint when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BCTheDude, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:22 PM.

1. BCTheDude Win User

Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

This was not like this yesterday, why is it like this now? "open" was at the first top in bold text and now "edit" is and it opens paint when I accidentally click on it, videos still have the bold open option but not photos

:)

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

3. ERROR when trying to view/edit a png. picture file

Hi Kat,

The error you get when viewing or editing the picture may mean that the file is corrupted. For us to properly isolate your case, we have some questions for you:

• Is the issue confined to this image only?
    • Which photo application are you trying to open the image?
    • Have you tried viewing or editing the picture using other image editing software?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:32 PM
  4. Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

Trying to move files and asks for administrator

Hi Paul,

This is normal when when moving files that may affect some applications or prevent the system from working properly, like moving files in and out of
    Program Files folder. To prevent this from happening, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Take the ownership of a file or folder

1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the file/folder, right-click on it and select
      Properties.
    2. Go to Security and click Advanced, go to Owner tab and click Edit. If you want to change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click
      Other user and groups, and type the name of the user or group in
      Enter the object name to select, then click
      OK
      . If you want to change a user or a group that is listed, click new owner in the Change owner
      to box. If you want to change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box.

Step 2: Turn off UAC or User Account Control

1. Press Windows + X
    2. and click Control Panel.Select Large icons that are on the right panel under View.
    3. Locate and click on User Account, click Change User Accounts Control Settings.
    4. Change to Never notify.
    5. Once you complete the process, change the slider to Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer.

Step 3: Enable the built-in administrator account

1. Press Windows + X and click Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Type net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter.

After this, you can continue to try copy files without admin permission or admin rights without any problems by then.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:32 PM
Thema:

Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

1. Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit" - Similar Threads - Trying open image

2. Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit": This was not like this yesterday, why is it like this now? "open" was at the first top in bold text and now "edit" is and it opens paint when I accidentally click on it, videos still have the bold open option but not photos...
  3. Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to open image files option got moved and replaced with "edit": This was not like this yesterday, why is it like this now? "open" was at the first top in bold text and now "edit" is and it opens paint when I accidentally click on it, videos still have the bold open option but not photos...
  4. Got error -214721914 trying to open images Win10

Got error -214721914 trying to open images Win10: I don't know why but I was in explorer and opened a jpg file then tried to open a png and mouse turned into loading thingy and nothing happened until i closed the jpg which made the mentionned error appear. screenshot didn't want to...
  5. Got error -214721914 trying to open images Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got error -214721914 trying to open images Win10: I don't know why but I was in explorer and opened a jpg file then tried to open a png and mouse turned into loading thingy and nothing happened until i closed the jpg which made the mentionned error appear. screenshot didn't want to...
  6. Got error -214721914 trying to open images Win10

7. File got replaced by earlier version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File got replaced by earlier version: Today Morning I login in to Microsoft account and suddenly my files on desktop replaced by earlier version from one drive. Is there any way to recover my files?...
  8. File got replaced by earlier version

File got replaced by earlier version: Today Morning I login in to Microsoft account and suddenly my files on desktop replaced by earlier version from one drive. Is there any way to recover my files?...
  9. Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10

Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10: I recently moved a file to another folder which already contained a file of the same name. I expected to be given the option of renaming the file being moved or cancelling the move. Instead, the file was moved in to the folder and the 'old' file was replaced. How can I...
  10. File Explorer does not replace image files

File Explorer does not replace image files: When I drag or paste an image into a folder it doesn't update. If I refresh it doesn't update. If I close and reopen File Explorer, the image remains unchanged. Even more with dds files. I'm not talking about anything but replacing 1 dds with another by any method. The only...