Windows 10: Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++

Discus and support Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't like the new notepad+++ and am trying to get the old notepad.exe back. I've been on several other threads and have tried everything that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CJ_Rhoads, Sep 17, 2024 at 12:02 PM.

1. CJ_Rhoads Win User

Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++

I don't like the new notepad+++ and am trying to get the old notepad.exe back. I've been on several other threads and have tried everything that they have suggested. I have uninstalled the notepad++ and found the notepad.exe, but the system won't let me use it.When I click on a .txt file, and I try to associate it with notepad.exe, I get the error message "The program you have selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another program."How can I get notepad.exe back, working with the hundreds of txt files I created?

:)

2. Asylum Win User

Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

3. Notepad Question

I like using Notepad++. It has about ever language to code in. *Toast :toast:

4. JCabebe Win User

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

Thema:

1. Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++ - Similar Threads - Trying notepad exe

2. Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to get notepad.exe back instead of notepad++: I don't like the new notepad+++ and am trying to get the old notepad.exe back. I've been on several other threads and have tried everything that they have suggested. I have uninstalled the notepad++ and found the notepad.exe, but the system won't let me use it.When I click on...
  3. notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad NOT NOTEPAD++ recovery: I accidentally hit "X" on the tab of one of my important notepads, I'm using Windows 11 and just the regular notepad, not the notepad++. Unfortunately, they are not saved. Already tried the control panel way and the appdata, but both didn't work. I need help, please....
  4. How to get back Notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back Notepad?: It looks like Win 11 no longer has Notepad? How do I get my Win 10 txt files back? Because I am deaf, I rely very very heavily on txt files. I do get one back but only when I open my Yahoo mail, and there is the one txt file that I simpply cannot get rid of because there is...
  5. How to get back Notepad?

How to get back Notepad?: It looks like Win 11 no longer has Notepad? How do I get my Win 10 txt files back? Because I am deaf, I rely very very heavily on txt files. I do get one back but only when I open my Yahoo mail, and there is the one txt file that I simpply cannot get rid of because there is...
  6. Notepad vs Notepads

Notepad vs Notepads: Earlier I have mention about Notepads, instead of Notepad. I want to show you a difference I have just discovered between them... and more reason to prefer Notepads over Notepad. Look at the emojisAlso, notice Notepads has tabs, ergo, can do more than one note in the same...
  7. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"
  8. Trying to code in notepad.

Trying to code in notepad.: Here is my code... can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? using Sublime Text btw (enter name) set /p name= @echo Hello %name%, are you ready to go on an adventure? :menu @echo @echo 1) Start adventure @echo 2) Exit set/pnumber= if %number% == 1 goto ':E' if...
  9. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  10. Notepad puts Y instead of \

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad puts Y instead of \: When I'm making a .bat file, the computer automatically puts some weird letter 'Y' as '\' but when I copy and paste the weird looking 'Y' lets say in this thread post it pastes as '\'. As some pictures are posted. [img] This is my Font Settings in Notepad: [img]...