Windows 10: Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

Discus and support Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cohen Hank, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or invalid".The request has the following parameters edited for PII protectionCN=<my initials>, C=<My Country>, O=<My company>, OU=<my department>, E=<my email>Extensions: Key Usage = Digital Signature, Extended Key Usage = Client AuthenticationChoosing No template Legacy Key, will work but I want an ECC key and the legacy providers don't support ECC.This is apparently not a common failure. Google finds very few

:)

Cohen Hank, Aug 2, 2023

2. CSR V4.0 Dongle "malfunction"

Hi, Carter,

Try these steps from Johan van Mierlo

In the search type" Device manager" and open it.

Click on the small arrow next to either "Bluetooth" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers"

Right click on "CSR" and select Update Driver

Select" Browse my computer for driver update"

Select on bottom "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Computer"

Select "Generic bluetooth Driver"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Smittychat., Aug 2, 2023
  3. Creating a User certificate CSR for default admin account

Hello, we plan on deploying factory fresh Windows 10 machines to our users direct from manufacturer. They will initially connect to our VPN for 'domain-joining' of their factory fresh laptops,

However, our VPN connection requires a user certificate for authentication.

How can I generate a generic 'admin' user certificate for deployment to all of these factory fresh computers BEFORE they connect to our domain ?

I have already tried creating a CSR on another domain joined machine and submitting this to our CA however I am unable to alter the 'Issued to' and 'Subject' fields to a generic 'admin' username.

Thank you for any help.

tedauction, Aug 2, 2023
  4. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

Issue installing certificate chain on Windows Mobile 6.5

Hi my Friend, in case you havent noticed im from Portugal, US President Obama was here yesterday and love it, so you may too!

I know the solution, your problem is about Root CA which has an hash Algoritm SHA256, and the devices with WM6 doesnt support that yet. I understand your concern about security, but you should do this Precise steps.

• On your CA, you must remove CA Services from your server. Reboot later so.
    • Add CA Role again, but this time, choose Hash Algoritm to be SHA1 or MD5 (It's very important choosing this one's because the devices doesnt understand new hashes, such as sha512). This selection is for generate your root CA default cert.
      In compensation of swaping the old one for this, try to select the maximum bits which are 4096
    • Go to Exchange Web Server, in IIS Role create csr text file, save it to a network drive.
    • Again in your CA server, paste the csr content in the web page localhost/certsrv, after select sucessive steps to get in advanced completion csr.
    • download the new client certificate and place-it in your web access server and switch it in your Forefront Server.
    • Done try to syncronize And voila.
    1. Dont forget to Export the new CA certificate in x.509 Bin mode without pki of course,

2. and export Client Certificate in *.pfx file.

Import again, but this time by the sequence mentioned above.

I hope this help you.

MarcoEnxuto, Aug 2, 2023
Thema:

Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

1. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers... - Similar Threads - Trying generate custom

2. Newest documentation for Windows Platform Crypto Provider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest documentation for Windows Platform Crypto Provider: The "Using the Windows 8 Platform Crypto Provider..." V1.1 documentation is available on Github along with the programming examples, but hasn't been updated for 9 years. Since then "ncrypt.h" has added a number of "NCRYPT_PCP_..._PROPERTY" values that seem to have no...
  3. Newest documentation for Windows Platform Crypto Provider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest documentation for Windows Platform Crypto Provider: The "Using the Windows 8 Platform Crypto Provider..." V1.1 documentation is available on Github along with the programming examples, but hasn't been updated for 9 years. Since then "ncrypt.h" has added a number of "NCRYPT_PCP_..._PROPERTY" values that seem to have no...
  4. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10: I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication cert using ECC. However, I have run into a persistent issue that is preventing me from generating the CSR. No matter the...
  5. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10: I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication cert using ECC. However, I have run into a persistent issue that is preventing me from generating the CSR. No matter the...
  6. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...: I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or invalid".The request has the following parameters edited for PII protectionCN=<my initials>, C=<My Country>, O=<My company>,...
  8. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...: I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or invalid".The request has the following parameters edited for PII protectionCN=<my initials>, C=<My Country>, O=<My company>,...
  9. How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers: Been scratching my head on how I can generate a self-singed certificate in a server without a CA that will support these ciphers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-generate-a-csr-that-supports-ecdhe-ciphers/b95faa84-46a3-4f91-b775-db9f49a31e63
  10. How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers

How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers: Been scratching my head on how I can generate a self-singed certificate in a server without a CA that will support these ciphers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-generate-a-csr-that-supports-ecdhe-ciphers/b95faa84-46a3-4f91-b775-db9f49a31e63