Windows 10: Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

Discus and support Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just made a bootable drive using the Windows 11 media creation tool and While trying to set up a fresh install it says my hardware is not compatible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobCaine, Oct 5, 2021.

1. RobCaine Win User

Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

I just made a bootable drive using the Windows 11 media creation tool and While trying to set up a fresh install it says my hardware is not compatible. I have been using windows 11 through insider program for a while now and PC health check app has all check marks for supporting my hardware. Is there a known issue while using a USB to boot? MSI X570 MOBO/3700X CPU all SSDS, is it possible the installer is reading my USB as the only available hard disk and saying there isn't enough space available?

:)

RobCaine, Oct 5, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 5, 2021
  3. little cat, Oct 5, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already. - Similar Threads - Trying Clean install

2. When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...: When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says the system cannot find the file specified. Also I uninstalled microsoft basic display adapter and realtek high definition audio it shows the same when I try to install both of the...
  3. When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...: When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says the system cannot find the file specified. Also I uninstalled microsoft basic display adapter and realtek high definition audio it shows the same when I try to install both of the...
  4. It says my windows key has already been used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says my windows key has already been used: I built a new pc yesterday. I typed in my windows key but after it booted i couldnt change any settings bc windows wasnt activated because apparently the key was already used. I already pressed the problem solving button but it still said that it had already been used....
  5. It says my windows key has already been used

It says my windows key has already been used: I built a new pc yesterday. I typed in my windows key but after it booted i couldnt change any settings bc windows wasnt activated because apparently the key was already used. I already pressed the problem solving button but it still said that it had already been used....
  6. im on windows 7 and when i try to install directx it says i have it already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im on windows 7 and when i try to install directx it says i have it already: whenever i install directx the following happens it says there is a newer version already installed even though when i look at the install/uninstall programs list i do not see directx there so i do not understandhere is what i trieduninstalling it even though i do not see it...
  7. Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.: I just made a bootable drive using the Windows 11 media creation tool and While trying to set up a fresh install it says my hardware is not compatible. I have been using windows 11 through insider program for a while now and PC health check app has all check marks for...
  8. I already have the app installed but it tried to install again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I already have the app installed but it tried to install again: I tried to install some apps and it said queue so I checked the downloads and updates thing for Microsoft store it show a games trying to install but can't because its already installed...
  9. Windows activation key says it has already been used

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation key says it has already been used: I just received a new windows 10 key from my organization, but it says it has already been used. They said this is an error that Microsoft could fix....
  10. Trying to clean install my PC after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to clean install my PC after changing hardware: I've just upgraded my CPU and motherboard (Intel to AMD) and I've been trying to do a clean install of Windows so that I can prevent any issues but the Reset my PC option doesn't work. Whenever I try, it just ends up with a message saying "could not reset pc. No changes were...