Windows 10: Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable

Discus and support Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm unable to edit the 'security tab' of Internet Options. I wish to add trusted sites but the options are all greyed out. I'm administrator and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RohinDubey, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable

I'm unable to edit the 'security tab' of Internet Options. I wish to add trusted sites but the options are all greyed out. I'm administrator and the sole account on my personal laptop so I don't understand why this happening. I have bitdefender Anti-virus on my laptop but don't think that should impact it. I hope this image helps.

:)

RohinDubey, Jul 7, 2021

2. "Trusted site"

Hi Zeniba,

If you want to turn off the Pop-up Blocker on your Internet Explorer 11, we recommend performing the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select
      Internet options.
    • On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the
      Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then select OK.
    To know more information about security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer 11, we suggest visiting this
    article.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Michelle Vil, Jul 7, 2021
  3. After Windows 10 Upgrade, flash sites cause Internet Explorer to "not respond" (freeze)

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing the websites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the website for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2021
  4. NDB22 Win User

Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable

Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11, Trusted Sites Greyed Out

I am using Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11, The button to add trusted sites is greyed out. Below that my custom button below is greyed out. This is my own personal laptop (I do not connected to any main office or main frame). How do I get this to work
    again? I work in finance not computers so I need step by step help. I was able to add sites about a month ago so this is a new issue. I have seen something about GPO but This does not make since because I am not connected to a server and I am the only one
    using my laptop.

NDB22, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable

1. Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable - Similar Threads - Trusted Sites Security

2. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  3. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  4. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  6. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  7. Windows 11 internet option security and privacy tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet option security and privacy tabs: Hi ,the previous version of win 11 had greyed out tabs under security and privacy intranet and privacy.Is there any way to fix this ;windows 11 updated to the latest version but the updates do not modify the tabs current setting.NB: The latest windows 11from 21h2 .856 is okay...
  8. Windows 11 internet option security and privacy tabs

Windows 11 internet option security and privacy tabs: Hi ,the previous version of win 11 had greyed out tabs under security and privacy intranet and privacy.Is there any way to fix this ;windows 11 updated to the latest version but the updates do not modify the tabs current setting.NB: The latest windows 11from 21h2 .856 is okay...
  9. Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out: Am trying to uninstall printer driver software in Windows 10, but get a message that I need permission from SYSTEM. I tried to change the security properties in the referenced folder, but all the edit options are greyed out. Thoughts?...
  10. Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out: Hi all, Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being blocked by my firewall and so I opened up my firewall tab through the steps: (The red boxes in the pictures show that they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trusted site grey out