Windows 10: Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501

Discus and support Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm attempting to replace the Cirrus Logic Superior High Definition Audio driver with the Realtek High Definition Audio driver on my Dell Inspiron... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nevin Mathews, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501

I'm attempting to replace the Cirrus Logic Superior High Definition Audio driver with the Realtek High Definition Audio driver on my Dell Inspiron 3501. However, despite uninstalling Cirrus Logic from the Device Manager, it doesn't seem to disappear when I install the Realtek drivers. What should I do?

:)

Nevin Mathews, Sep 4, 2023

2. Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio issues

After updating my Dell Inspiron 3520 to Windows 10, I found that the audio doesn't work at all. When I click on the sound icon on the task bar, it just opens a troubleshooting window which tells me that I need to reinstall Cirrus Logic High Definition
    Audio, and kidly offers to do this for me, but the installation fails every time. So I'm left with a laptop that can't read any audio files. How do you fix this?

Ciarafadan, Sep 4, 2023
  3. Neil Win User
    jack not recongized in a dell inspiron 13 5000 series

The problem is usually driver related.

I had that trouble once with a dell inspiron n5110 laptop I was fixing.
    I suggest you update your drivers to the latest (see dell support website, and even similar laptops audio drivers).

Afterwards, try to see if there is an option (in Realtek HD audio settings) that makes the internal and the external speakers (sometimes called front jack) be seen as the "same device".
    If this option is unpicked, it may leads to make the drivers simply add another output device instead of replacing the default internal one.

You can try this one released on 03/20/17 : https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04...ion-Audio-Driver_CMW4W_WIN_6.0.1.8059_A04.EXE

Neil, Sep 4, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501

Cirrus Logic Agrees to Acquire Wolfson Microelectronics

Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ : CRUS) and Wolfson Microelectronics plc (LSE : WLF or WLF.L) today announced the terms of a recommended transaction under which Cirrus Logic would acquire Wolfson at a price of £2.35 per share in cash, implying an enterprise value of £278 million, or approximately $467 million. The transaction, if approved, is expected to strengthen Cirrus Logic's ability to expand its customer base with highly differentiated, end-to-end audio solutions for portable audio applications. The transaction will be financed by a combination of existing cash on Cirrus Logic's balance sheet and $225 million in debt funding.

"Wolfson has a rich history of audio innovation, a broad catalog of audio products and a first class customer list," said Jason Rhode, Cirrus Logic President and Chief Executive Officer. "This acquisition strengthens Cirrus Logic's core business as a leader in audio signal processing components, enhances our ability to differentiate our products with software, and adds new product categories such as MEMS microphones to our portfolio."

"The Board of Wolfson believes that this is an attractive offer for Wolfson shareholders," said Michael Ruettger, Chairman of the Board of Wolfson Microelectronics. "We believe this reflects the hard work that Mike Hickey and his team have put into building Wolfson as a leader in the supply of high performance Audio Hubs and MEMS microphones to the consumer electronics market. Together with Cirrus Logic, we believe this will create a powerful platform for future growth, above and beyond our standalone potential."

The acquisition is expected to be completed in the second half of 2014. Cirrus Logic expects the acquisition to be accretive to non-GAAP earnings per share in the first full quarter after the transaction closes (excluding the impact of one-time integration and acquisition related costs). The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and the approval of Wolfson shareholders.

btarunr, Sep 4, 2023
Thema:

Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501

1. Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501 - Similar Threads - Trouble Replacing Cirrus

2. About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501: Hello, my laptop is dell inspiron 3501 , i have an issue on microphone array, after i updated my window to 11 , when i input the wired earphone its not working there is driver but when i connect it wont connect to my earphone , i tried all the possibilities but its not...
  3. About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Microphone array driver, In Dell inspiron 3501: Hello, my laptop is dell inspiron 3501 , i have an issue on microphone array, after i updated my window to 11 , when i input the wired earphone its not working there is driver but when i connect it wont connect to my earphone , i tried all the possibilities but its not...
  4. Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Replacing Cirrus Logic Audio Driver with Realtek on Dell Inspiron 3501: I'm attempting to replace the Cirrus Logic Superior High Definition Audio driver with the Realtek High Definition Audio driver on my Dell Inspiron 3501. However, despite uninstalling Cirrus Logic from the Device Manager, it doesn't seem to disappear when I install the Realtek...
  5. I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers: My current Audio Drivers is 'Realtek R Audio'. My problem here is that I've tried uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' and tried installing 'Realtek High Definition Audio' from the Realtek website and it doesn't seem to replace it. It just keeps it as 'Realtek R Audio'. I tried...
  6. I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers

I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers: My current Audio Drivers is 'Realtek R Audio'. My problem here is that I've tried uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' and tried installing 'Realtek High Definition Audio' from the Realtek website and it doesn't seem to replace it. It just keeps it as 'Realtek R Audio'. I tried...
  7. I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. cirrus no audio device is installed

cirrus no audio device is installed: during the past few months has anyone come up with a fix for this problem that is not previously on this community. dell has not. they suggested i send back my vostro 3000 for a fix or replacement. i've yet to do so as its warranty does not expire until november. dellbelieves...
  9. Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver

Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver: HiI have used 6 below mentioned steps to replace Microsoft driver and install Realtek driver Actually need to replace other drivers as well but not working out. Intention is to remove: Audioendpoint.inf which is getting picked by default to many audio device components...
  10. Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.

Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.: How do I find out if I can replace my intel HD audio driver or device with the realtek one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-intel-hd-audio-driver-with-realtek/5f2a7c8b-c195-4e49-9e77-9d13c41dc060