Windows 10: Trouble changing permissions of calculator

Discus and support Trouble changing permissions of calculator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On windows 11, I am trying to rename the calculator application, in C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe, but for some reason I am getting an error saying I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jackson Vliet, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Trouble changing permissions of calculator

On windows 11, I am trying to rename the calculator application, in C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe, but for some reason I am getting an error saying I do not have the required permissions, even though I am a system admin. Only TrustedInstaller has permissions to change the file name. I tried to edit the permissions of my user, but it wouldn't let me and it was grayed out. I am not sure how can I can change the name of the file.

:)

Jackson Vliet, Jul 15, 2024

2. Troubled OneUG

Hi,

What changes have you made in properties?

I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 15, 2024
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 15, 2024
  4. swarfega Win User

Trouble changing permissions of calculator

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Jul 15, 2024
Thema:

Trouble changing permissions of calculator

1. Trouble changing permissions of calculator - Similar Threads - Trouble changing permissions

2. Trouble changing permissions of calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble changing permissions of calculator: On windows 11, I am trying to rename the calculator application, in C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe, but for some reason I am getting an error saying I do not have the required permissions, even though I am a system admin. Only TrustedInstaller has permissions to change the file...
  3. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  4. Permission trouble

Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  5. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Changing the numbering system in the calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the numbering system in the calculator: My calculator is stuck on the Indian numbering system 1,00,00,000 instead of 10,000,000 and I don't know how to change it to the international system. Any tips?...
  7. Standard Calculator Change?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Standard Calculator Change?: Until recently, I was always able to see each entry as a string across the top. Now, the calculator is treating each entry as if I'm hitting the equal sign and making it an individual calculation with no relationship to the one before it or after it. What changed? Anyone have...
  8. Change Default Calculator

Change Default Calculator: I want to change the default calculator so that when I hit the calculator key on my keyboard a different calculator app comes up. The problem is that the ms-calculator protocol only shows the original windows calculator as an option in default apps, so I can't change it from...
  9. calculator suddenly changes

calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  10. calculator suddenly changes

in Windows 10 Support
    calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...