Windows 10: tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

Discus and support tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hey ! Some time ago I made a local administrative account avoiding microsoft logged in admin account. Now I wished to switch back to microsoft one and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by den mike, Jul 25, 2024.

1. den mike Win User

tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

hey ! Some time ago I made a local administrative account avoiding microsoft logged in admin account. Now I wished to switch back to microsoft one and change local account to standard. But when I tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence you can't make it standard'. I am confused when I have main admin account with microsoft then why this happening ?

:)

den mike, Jul 25, 2024

2. How to change standard acc to admin if u cant in user account control panel

Hello everyone im just wondering how to change ur standard account to admin again if when u go to control panel and press change account type it will say enter an admin acc user name and password to continue but i dont have one.

idontwannasaymyname, Jul 25, 2024
  3. How to change standard acc to admin if u cant in user account control panel

To promote an ordinary account to admin level you need an admin account. When your PC was "born" your initial account had admin privileges. Did you demote it?

On some machines it is possible to boot into Safe Mode, then log on as Administrator with a blank password. You could then do the promotion.

Press Shift+Restart to launch Safe Mode.

Frederik Long, Jul 25, 2024
  4. tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

1. tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence... - Similar Threads - tried changing standard

2. tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin account hence...: hey ! Some time ago I made a local administrative account avoiding microsoft logged in admin account. Now I wished to switch back to microsoft one and change local account to standard. But when I tried changing to standard in control panel there it said 'this is only admin...
  3. i change accidentally change my only admin account to standard account without picking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i change accidentally change my only admin account to standard account without picking...: i cannot change it back it keep asking for admin password and account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-change-accidentally-change-my-only-admin-account/6cd30b08-7e17-44e4-88c2-a62cda588087
  4. i change accidentally change my only admin account to standard account without picking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i change accidentally change my only admin account to standard account without picking...: i cannot change it back it keep asking for admin password and account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-change-accidentally-change-my-only-admin-account/6cd30b08-7e17-44e4-88c2-a62cda588087
  5. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....: I accidentally changed my only admin account to a standard account on my laptop OS Windows 10my administrator account used to be my work account which isn't working anymore since my account has been deactivated when we shut down our company. I was trying to change the admin...
  6. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....: I accidentally changed my only admin account to a standard account on my laptop OS Windows 10my administrator account used to be my work account which isn't working anymore since my account has been deactivated when we shut down our company. I was trying to change the admin...
  7. Accidentally changed my only Admin account to standard account now I can't change it back....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account: Okay so for a long time I've been trying to get my pc to automatically sign into windows, but every time I enable it in the registry it would say "username or password is incorrect on startup", so I thought there might be a hidden account or something, so dumb me was messing...
  9. Set up admin account on system with standard account only

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Set up admin account on system with standard account only: Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums. How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope. I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's...
  10. no longer admin, cant access accounts or control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    no longer admin, cant access accounts or control panel: a while after uppgaded to windows 10 i have gotten these strange happenings : if i click on my profile picture or only hover over the control panel button i only get a messeage that says " this action is aborted because of limitings set to this computer. contact the system...