Windows 10: Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Discus and support Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonLord, Mar 7, 2022.

1. JonLord Win User

Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and Home, respectively. Both devices were linked to my MS account and activated with a digital license if I understand correctly. Recently a Win10 Pro laptop was stolen. I understand that these licenses are for use on only one laptop, but since it turns out that I am the owner of two licenses, can I use the license from the st

:)

JonLord, Mar 7, 2022

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Transfer of digital license

Hello, I have purchased a new laptop and I am planning to transfer my digital license into it from my old laptop.

Is that possible?

My old laptop has a digital license acquired from Windows 10 free upgrade during the promotion period.

It has an original Windows 8.1 license key before I upgraded it into windows 10.

Is transfer of digital license is possible.?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

AllanBautista, Mar 7, 2022
  4. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Digital License transfer

I just got a new laptop, and on my old one, I have a retail copy of windows 10 home single language (I had upgraded my old pc to this version of windows 10 from a pre-installed version of windows 8, during the free upgrade period) with a digital license
    linked to my microsoft account. How do I transfer that digital license to my new laptop? Do I just have to log in to my microsoft account on the new laptop and it will activate automatically?

Aakif Raza, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

1. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another - Similar Threads - Transferring digital license

2. Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?: I tried searching for a solution but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-digital-license-from-one-computer/2db3ef70-e5b0-45fd-bbb9-6eae11129d8a
  3. Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?: I tried searching for a solution but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-digital-license-from-one-computer/2db3ef70-e5b0-45fd-bbb9-6eae11129d8a
  4. Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another: Here's the situation: I have a two PCs. One with Windows 10 Pro activated digitally, linked to MS Account and another with Windows 11 Home Single Language that came preinstalled. Can I upgrade Windows Home in second PC to Windows Pro and transfer my license from my first PC?...
  6. Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another

Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another: Here's the situation: I have a two PCs. One with Windows 10 Pro activated digitally, linked to MS Account and another with Windows 11 Home Single Language that came preinstalled. Can I upgrade Windows Home in second PC to Windows Pro and transfer my license from my first PC?...
  7. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  8. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  9. how to Transfer digital license from one pc to another laptop?

how to Transfer digital license from one pc to another laptop?: I have a desktop computer that has windows 10 pro with a digital license. I bought a new laptop that came with windows 10 home. so how can I transfer the digital license from my computer to the laptop and upgrade it to windows 10 pro?...
  10. Transferring windows 10 digital license from one email to another

Transferring windows 10 digital license from one email to another: Hello there, I previously bought a digital Windows 10 pro license key from the Microsoft store with a previous outlook email account. This license is for my Windows 10 running on my MacBook Pro Boot Camp. However, I’ve decided to move on to a new MacBook alongside a new...