Windows 10: Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

Discus and support Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sri Ram Gopal, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have reset my old PC and removed it from my devices in Microsoft Account. But not able to upgrade. I have tried raising support cases and there was no call back from Microsoft. Can anyone please help me on this.

:)

Sri Ram Gopal, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Evan Pax Win User

Transfer digital license to new laptop

Hi,

I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?

Thank you!!

Evan Pax, Oct 28, 2023
  3. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro.

I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop.

Rose Ann Bondoc, Oct 28, 2023
  4. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

Unlink Windows 11 Pro Digital License

Thanks so much for your help. That really clarifies my situation.

Using this article as a guide, my plan is to:

1. Replace Windows 11 with Ubuntu on the laptop that currently has the Windows 11 Pro retail digital license activated on it (even if reverting to Windows Home is an option, I just prefer Ubuntu on this computer for a programming environment). I will not yet remove the 'device' in my Windows account.
    2. After assembling my new PC, I will install Windows 11 via a USB drive.
    3. When prompted I will choose the "I don't have a key option"
    4. I will log in with my Microsoft account
    5. I will go to Activation Settings > Troubleshoot
    6. I will click "I changed hardware on this device recently"
    7. I will chose the new PC from the list of available PCs
    8. I will check "This is the device I'm using right now" and click "Activate." This will enable Windows 11 Pro on the new PC and deactivate the installation on the old laptop (which at this point will be running Ubuntu anyways)
    Does that sounds like a good plan?

ChrisCrossCrash, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

1. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC - Similar Threads - Transfer pro digital

2. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC: HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have...
  3. Can Windows 11 Pro Digital License transfer to new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 11 Pro Digital License transfer to new PC?: Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-pro-digital-license-transfer-to-new/4b89d200-5c97-412c-80fe-28f6a35c5fb6
  4. Can Windows 11 Pro Digital License transfer to new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 11 Pro Digital License transfer to new PC?: Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-pro-digital-license-transfer-to-new/4b89d200-5c97-412c-80fe-28f6a35c5fb6
  5. Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC: I have just built a new PC and I want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old one. I checked the licence with command slmgr -dli, and it is in the RETAIL channel, so should be transferrable. Following instructions on various posts, I removed my licence...
  6. Transferring Digital License to New PC

Transferring Digital License to New PC: I want to transfer a retail digital license for Windows 10 Home Edition, purchased online, from my Lenovo desktop, which stopped working, to a new Dell desktop. I have tried all of the suggestions and MS Support, but I can't get through to talk to an actual person. I am...
  7. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  8. Transferring Digital License to new PC

Transferring Digital License to new PC: Hello, I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is meant to...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...