Windows 10: Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

Discus and support Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by monica lopez3, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec to play this item. codecs help the app read and play different files'2240224_110026' Requires the 'HEVC video Extensions' code pack, available from the Microsoft store."upon looking for solutions I stumbled upon a suggested update that smart card readers under device manager. But I do not even have one of those. How can I get the files to open without having this issue??

:)

monica lopez3, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 29, 2024
  3. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

1. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Transfer Video file

2. Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Video file won't play on Windows 10: So I have connected my Samsung S23 to my PC and transferred files from phone to PC.When I try to play them I get the error code "YOu need a new codec to play this item. codecs help the app read and play different files'2240224_110026' Requires the 'HEVC video Extensions' code...
  3. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  4. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  5. Error in playing/transferring videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in playing/transferring videos: Hi. Earlier today I was copying two videos from my laptop to my flash drive. I went to the bathroom for a second and I came back to my flash drive completely yanked from the port, thanks to my sister. When I put the flash drive back in, it suggested a scan and repair and a...
  6. Error in playing/transferring videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error in playing/transferring videos: Hi. Please help. Earlier today I was copying two videos from my laptop to my flash drive. I went to the bathroom for a second and I came back to my flash drive completely yanked from the port, thanks to my sister. When I put the flash drive back in, it suggested a scan and...
  7. Video in windows 10 won't play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video in windows 10 won't play: Running windows 10, a few days ago local videos stopped working. I have at this point reinstalled my chipset/amd 4in1 drivers, video drivers, the K-Lite Codec pack and VLC. I have tried WITHOUT the K-Lite pack at all, I have tried OTHER players beside VLC including the player...
  8. Video file won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video file won't play: Hello all, I recently transferred some video files from a jump drive. 4 of 5 are working perfectly however, one video will not play. Attached is a screenshot of the files. The one that will not play is showing an MPEG image instead if the preview picture. All files are mp4...
  9. MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10: I have a lot of MP4 video files that I recorded on my iphone and have since uploaded to my computer either through my phone or through dropbox. However I can't get them to play, which means I can't use them in my video editor. After researching I've found that Windows 10...
  10. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575