Windows 10: TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?

Discus and support TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is TPM blocking the use of my old 32 bit games on Windows 11? They work fine for a day or so then they just stop working and dissapear. Resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alan_Barclay, Aug 14, 2023.

1. TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?

Why is TPM blocking the use of my old 32 bit games on Windows 11? They work fine for a day or so then they just stop working and dissapear. Resetting the TPM allows them to work again for a day or two then it happens again. How do I get them to work without continually resetting the TPM

:)

Alan_Barclay, Aug 14, 2023

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Aug 14, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Aug 14, 2023
  4. spunk Win User

TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?

UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

It's possible that Computer Management is being blocked by SmartScreen. We suggest disabling it and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Type smartscreen in the search bar.
    3. Click Change SmartScreen settings.
    4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Security row.
    5. Click Change settings beneath the WindowsSmartScreen row.
    6. Click Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
    7. Click OK.

spunk, Aug 14, 2023
Thema:

TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?

1. TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening? - Similar Threads - TPM blocking games

2. How can I stop BSOD from happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop BSOD from happening?: Hey all.I have been getting BSOD on a regular basis and have tried using the below in cmd:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthSFC /ScannowThe latest dmp is also below. Any help and advice...
  3. How do I stop the BSOD from happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the BSOD from happening?: I have been dealing with the blue screen of death for multiple years now and I don't know how to fix it. Recently I've been looking into the bug checks and every time the bsod appears it always gives me these numbers: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00,...
  4. How do I stop the BSOD from happening?

How do I stop the BSOD from happening?: I have been dealing with the blue screen of death for multiple years now and I don't know how to fix it. Recently I've been looking into the bug checks and every time the bsod appears it always gives me these numbers: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00,...
  5. TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?

TPM is blocking my games from working. How to I stop it from happening?: Why is TPM blocking the use of my old 32 bit games on Windows 11? They work fine for a day or so then they just stop working and dissapear. Resetting the TPM allows them to work again for a day or two then it happens again. How do I get them to work without continually...
  6. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  7. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  8. How do I stop this from happening.

9. How to stop TPM screen from appearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop TPM screen from appearing?: I recently got my laptop's screen replaced in a local computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the screen replacement they had didnt work on my laptop so i had to reuse the original lcd of my laptop. Idk if the one i mentioned above is related to this but anyway, after i got my...
  10. How do I stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop this from happening?: This happens several times during the day and I have to close and re-open, sometimes it opens properly sometimes I have to completely close to open properly. Its been like it for a few months now and no one I ask in the office seems to be able to sort it. I lose all the top...