Windows 10: TPM 2 on custom build

Discus and support TPM 2 on custom build in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarkSchrider, Nov 5, 2021.

1. TPM 2 on custom build

I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't this addressed by the Windows 11 update package? Jayzus.

:)

MarkSchrider, Nov 5, 2021

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Nov 5, 2021
  3. constantly being asked tpm reset

There is no TPM update listed for ASUS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/409637...

Microsoft says:

If the manufacturer of your device is not listed in the following table, please contact the manufacturer’s customer support department for next steps.

Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

How to backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .

Under Security processor, select Security processor details.

Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Andre for Directly, Nov 5, 2021
  4. idgat Win User

TPM 2 on custom build

TPM support

I couldn't find "TPM" or "Trusted Platform Module" listed in any BIOS setting on 2 of my laptops. Got the mobo ID from system specs and did a bit of searching ... ah, there it is, not actually called that exactly, but same thing, and was disabled. Enabled ... booted up, ran tpm.msc. Bingo! Alive and well.

Your search engine will be your friend (one of mine even had a YouTube step-by-step how to access the BIOS, what to look for, etc).

idgat, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

TPM 2 on custom build

1. TPM 2 on custom build - Similar Threads - TPM custom build

2. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  3. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  4. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TPM 2 Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  6. TPM 2 Not Recognised

TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  7. TPM 2 on custom build

TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  8. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Customization
    TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  9. TPM lockout for 2 hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TPM lockout for 2 hours: Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after...
  10. BSOD on custom build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...