Windows 10: touchpad not working

Discus and support touchpad not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI wonder if someone can help me please.The touchpad has stopped working even though it is turned on in the Bluetooth& devices settings.When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Duncan Butler, Jun 2, 2024.

1. touchpad not working

HelloI wonder if someone can help me please.The touchpad has stopped working even though it is turned on in the Bluetooth& devices settings.When I access my laptop, on the lockscreen just before i login there is a icon shown top centre, it is a white rectangle, white hand with finger pointing to the bottom left of the rectangle and circled in a red circle. It obviously looks as this may having something to do with why the touchpad is not working.The bluetooth mouse works fine.Any idea'sThanks

:)

Duncan Butler, Jun 2, 2024

2. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 2, 2024
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 2, 2024
  4. touchpad not working

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

touchpad not working

1. touchpad not working - Similar Threads - touchpad working

2. Touchpad Not working after Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Not working after Updating Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm facing Touchpad issues since 2022 after updating my windows10, while switching on Laptop I'm able to move cursor but after right clicking it not showing any popup, if I do left click or tried to open any file then I'm getting properties pop up of the file instead...
  3. Touchpad Not working after Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Not working after Updating Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm facing Touchpad issues since 2022 after updating my windows10, while switching on Laptop I'm able to move cursor but after right clicking it not showing any popup, if I do left click or tried to open any file then I'm getting properties pop up of the file instead...
  4. Touchpad Not working after Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?: My internal keyboard and touchpad do not work on my touchscreen laptop arter recent screen repair where the entire top part of the computer was switched. Did not work for 2 days arter repair, worked randomly once, did not work after the next boot. Keyboard still lights up...
  6. Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?: My internal keyboard and touchpad do not work on my touchscreen laptop arter recent screen repair where the entire top part of the computer was switched. Did not work for 2 days arter repair, worked randomly once, did not work after the next boot. Keyboard still lights up...
  7. My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?: My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***...
  8. My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?

My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?: My touchpad is not working. I can only use my manual mouse clicker. Can anyone help with this?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***...
  9. The touchpad on my Surface laptop 4 running windows 11 keeps stopping working, then starts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touchpad on my Surface laptop 4 running windows 11 keeps stopping working, then starts...: Followed the instructions I received from an independent advisor on Microsoft after following link below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-30b498e5-0caa-9740-2b21-336ea75ee756#WindowsVersion=Windows_11Tried uninstalling the touchpad...
  10. Touchpad only works with two finger clicks on in a certain desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad only works with two finger clicks on in a certain desktop?: About yesterday I probably accidentally clicked some stuff in settings or something while trying to configure my drawing tablet to my computer, but then all of a sudden when I go to play Roblox, my touchpad now only responds to two finger click! This has never happened before...