Windows 10: Touch on screen - surface pro 8

Discus and support Touch on screen - surface pro 8 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShahriarK, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ShahriarK Win User

Touch on screen - surface pro 8

I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/component-guidelines/wake-on-touch-implementation-guide#:~:text=Pressing%20a%20key%20on%20the,device%20with%20lower%20power%20consumption.but my surface pro 8 does not show "Touch the screen to wake" as an option.

:)

ShahriarK, Mar 4, 2022

2. touch screen surface

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these methods:

Method 1. Reboot the Surface Pro 4 via the Two Button Shutdown

Please make sure the screen glass on your Surface is clean and intact before rebooting your Microsoft laptop, for the cracked or broken glass could disable touchscreen’s functionality.

A two-button shutdown can possibly resolve some unknown system error for the Surface Pro devices, the unresponsive touch screen issue included. Below is how.

1. Press the power button as a normal shutdown operation.

2. Press and hold the volume up (+) button and the power button together for at least 15 seconds.

3. Once you see the Surface logo pops up, keep holding the buttons for more 15 seconds.

4. Release the two buttons and then wait for 10 seconds.

5. Then start your Surface Pro 4 and touch the screen to check whether it responds.

Method 2. Install the Latest Surface Pro 4 Updates

Microsoft support team release the bug fixing updates regularly for their products, so do the updates for Surface Pro 4. To get the latest Windows Updates for Microsoft Surface Pro 4, follow below step-by-step guide.

1. Press the Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open the Control Panel.

2. Select Update & Security.

3. Click Check for updates under the Windows Update column.

Then the system will check for updates and install them on the Surface Pro 4 laptop automatically.

Method 3. Disable and Re-enable the Surface Pro 4 Touchscreen Driver

To re-enable the touchscreen driver and repair the touch screen not working bug on Surface Pro 4, follow the tutorials below.

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. Use the arrow keys to locate the HID-compliant touch screen under the Human Interface Devices category.

3. Right-click it to select Disable.

4. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen again, and then select Enable this time.

Note: If there is more than one HID-compliant touch screen device listed, repeat step 3-4 for each one.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/mi...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Mar 4, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Touch screen on surface pro

Hello Brady,

The Surface Pro may have encountered a driver conflict or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps given on these articles to see if there will be any changes:

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

Touch Screen problem with Surface Pro 3

See if it works in UEFI mode this could determine if it s hardware or windows issue

1. Select the Start button, and then select Power > Shut down.
    2. When Surface is off, press and hold the volume up button and press the power button until a Microsoft or Surface logo appears onscreen.
    3. Once you are in UEFI, touch your Surface screen and see if it responds normally. Try to navigate in UEFI by tapping various menu items. Then, depending on how your Surface responds to touch, follow one of these steps:
    • If touch does not work on your Surface, your touchscreen most likely experienced a hardware failure. Go to

Device service and repair
      to initiate a service order for your Surface. If you want to work with a Surface Support Advocate,

contact us

DiamondFounders, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Touch on screen - surface pro 8

1. Touch on screen - surface pro 8 - Similar Threads - Touch screen surface

2. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  3. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  4. Surface Pro 8 Administrator

Surface Pro 8 Administrator: I changed the administrator on my sons surface pro 9 from my wife to him and as a result lost all his files, how do we recover them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-administrator/f3d8c321-5355-43c7-8d59-8f54c226be9d
  5. Stolen Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  6. Stolen Surface Pro 8

Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  7. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  8. Surface 8 Pro screen too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 8 Pro screen too small: My new Surface Pro 8 crashed while installing a program so I had to rebuild it from scratch using the windows recovery steps. Now the screen is too small. It has an empty black space on the left side and programs and desktop icons don't fit on the screen see photos. I have...
  9. Surface 8 Pro screen too small

Surface 8 Pro screen too small: My new Surface Pro 8 crashed while installing a program so I had to rebuild it from scratch using the windows recovery steps. Now the screen is too small. It has an empty black space on the left side and programs and desktop icons don't fit on the screen see photos. I have...
  10. touch screen surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen surface: Hi touch screen doesn't work went to device manager said complaine not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-surface/0a6b21af-6b5a-4987-a5e9-7c57f9bb871c