Windows 10: Too Many attempts on PC Pin

Discus and support Too Many attempts on PC Pin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig Jamieson1, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks

:)

Craig Jamieson1, Oct 13, 2023
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 13, 2023
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 13, 2023
  4. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Oct 13, 2023
Thema:

Too Many attempts on PC Pin

1. Too Many attempts on PC Pin - Similar Threads - Too Many attempts

2. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  3. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  4. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Many attempts on PC Pin: HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks...
  5. Too many failed log in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  6. Too many failed log in attempts?

Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  7. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  8. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  9. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin: Got a Surface 7 for my wife. Added my account add tried to setup hello. I got to pin creation. And believe i did set one up. I forgot it and tried it when offline. But it didn’t work. Tried fixing it while back online but gave too many failed attempts and that it was...