Windows 10: To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

Discus and support To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gregory682, Oct 18, 2024 at 12:22 AM.

1. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error message saying try again.

:)

2. cadaveca Win User

Deleting hotmail accounts?

Dont log into them for 90 days. Used to be jsut 30 days. If you do nto log in for a certain length of time, the account gets removed. It can be re-activated for a certain length of time afterwords.

NOte that any log-in, using MSN messenger, or even a "live account" for gaming, will be considered a real log-in. ALso, having any game keys associated with teh live account will make it not get deleted as well.

3. Frick Win User
    Deleting hotmail accounts?

I think it'll just get put down as avaliable so another person can create an account with that name. At least I think that was how it used to work. I have a Hotmail account that I use about once a year (don't have any Live stuff connected to it either) or so and it has never been removed. But I think I could create a new account with the same name and it would be avaliable.

I think.

EDIT: No, I cannot create a new account with the same name. It was at least six months ago I used it last time.

4. jsfitz54 Win User

To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

Windows 7 Account Wont Delete

Create a new account first....then delete the old account.

Thema:

To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

1. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't... - Similar Threads - close old account

2. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...: I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error message saying try again....
  3. To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To close an old account the web says to log in to the account you want to delete. I can't...: I have old accounts from a previous job, can not access them to delete them. Can't access OneDrive with current microsoft account, keep getting error message saying try again....
  4. Can't log in to PC due to old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to PC due to old account: So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was logged out. Upon clicking sign in under her user, it tells her to reset her pin and when you try to reset the pin it...
  5. Can't log in to PC due to old account

Can't log in to PC due to old account: So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was logged out. Upon clicking sign in under her user, it tells her to reset her pin and when you try to reset the pin it...
  6. Can't log in to PC due to old account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. My old onedrive account is closed and I can't log into my new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old onedrive account is closed and I can't log into my new: Hello, My old e-mail account with my onedrive is deleted, therefore I cannot log into my onedrive account. When I try to log into a new account, it says that I must log into the old account first and add the new account. The problem is: The program won't let me log into the...
  8. My old onedrive account is closed and I can't log into my new

My old onedrive account is closed and I can't log into my new: Hello, My old e-mail account with my onedrive is deleted, therefore I cannot log into my onedrive account. When I try to log into a new account, it says that I must log into the old account first and add the new account. The problem is: The program won't let me log into the...
  9. My old onedrive account is closed and I can't log into my new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Closed an old .MSN account Now I can't log into my home computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Closed an old .MSN account Now I can't log into my home computer: When loggin into my computer it asks for the Pin or the Password for the Old Account. Since it was Closed I get not able to validate. Everything I try always comes back to asking for the OLD MSN account PPWD or PIN. How do I fix this major problem. * Moved from MSN...