Windows 10: Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

Discus and support Time zone is incorrect and unable to change in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I visited another country several months ago, during which my computer was set to the country's time zone. When I came back, my clock remained in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Donovan1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

I visited another country several months ago, during which my computer was set to the country's time zone. When I came back, my clock remained in the country's time, which was not a huge issue then. However, I have been unable to change the time zone. The section in the date and time settings where you can set the time zone are greyed out and I am unable to interact with it. I have tried changing it manually using the option available in the menu, and while this does fix the display time, dates on websites, games, and apps are still displayed incorrectly. What can I do to fix this? It has beco

:)

Michael Donovan1, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    Unable to change computer time zone

Hi DysonR,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

Please follow these steps to fix the issue:

1. Type in 'cmd' in search box. You'll see Command Prompt listed. Right-click and select Run as Administrator.

2. Type 'tzutil /l' to see a list of all time zones. Once you find your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line.

Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy

3. Type 'tzutil /s "(paste the time zone here)"

Example:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations) then press ENTER.

4. Exit the Command Prompt and verify that the Timezone is correct.

You can also try the steps provided on this link:

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-wont-chang...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Gateway10 Win User

Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

unable to change time zone.....

I am unable to change my time zone. every time I dose, it reverts back.

Gateway10, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

1. Time zone is incorrect and unable to change - Similar Threads - zone incorrect unable

2. incorrect time zone for bulgaria

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect time zone for bulgaria: After restart today time zone for Bulgaria was changed to Jacarta JMT +7 and this continue after switching of /on set time zone automaticallyPlease fix itPS I try to start chat with support but it also does not work...
  3. incorrect time zone for bulgaria

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect time zone for bulgaria: After restart today time zone for Bulgaria was changed to Jacarta JMT +7 and this continue after switching of /on set time zone automaticallyPlease fix itPS I try to start chat with support but it also does not work...
  4. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  5. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  6. Unable to change time zone in my laptop.

Unable to change time zone in my laptop.: Hello. I've been currently having some problems with changing the time zone for my laptop. I have already tried to change it automatically and manually, and both ways did not work. When I try to change it, the picture attached below is what happens. Does anybody know a...
  7. Time zone is incorrect and unable to change

Time zone is incorrect and unable to change: I visited another country several months ago, during which my computer was set to the country's time zone. When I came back, my clock remained in the country's time, which was not a huge issue then. However, I have been unable to change the time zone. The section in the date...
  8. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch (Netherlands)". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US...
  9. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch Netherlands". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US &...
  10. Unable to change computer time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change computer time zone: I am unable to change my computers time zone. Whenever i try to it says i need to contact an administrator. This is a personal computer running on non-pro windows 10 so i cant access local security protocol. Its not a pressing issue but its been bothering me for the past few...