Windows 10: Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

Discus and support Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WGPC, Apr 3, 2023.

1. WGPC Win User

Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem.

:)

WGPC, Apr 3, 2023
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Time Zones are incorrect

Hello Scott:

Thank you for posting your time zone experience to the forum. When you have the date + time set to automatic, the date and time become tied to information being pulled from your carrier. If the time zone is changing incorrectly this is something you will
    want to contact the mobile operator about.

Outside of this being an issue with the information sent from local cell towers, you can try a couple things on the phone.

• Toggle your cellular connection. Go to settings > cellular/mobile > turn it OFF > back out of settings > reenter cellular settings > turn ON.
    • If the issue continues, try performing a soft reset of the phone. The best way to do this is to remove the battery for about 2 minutes and then replace the battery and power the phone on.
    If this is something that is a regular inconvenience, we suggest you turn off the automatic time + date and set the phone to manual. Once you go to settings > date + time > OFF > you will be able to manually set the time, date and time zone.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Apr 3, 2023
  3. my computer periodically resets its time to a the wrong time zone, always the same

Hi Richard,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's time zone settings can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect time and time zone settings, corrupted system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 3, 2023
  4. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

Taipei Time Zone Incorrect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand the time zone on your Windows 10 computer is set incorrectly. This might be due to synchronization in the Time settings. Click on the time display in the Notification area
    > Change date and time settings > Time Zone. Ensure that both

Time and time zone sliders are ON.

If the settings are On and you still face the issue, I suggest you to reset the Time service and check if helps.

Steps:-

1. Press Windows key + R and type
    services.msc.

2. Check for the Windows Time service and select Windows time service.

3. On the left panel, check if the service is start or not.

4. If service is not started then start the service, by clicking on the
    Start option.

5. If the service is started the restart the service by clicking on
    Restart option.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

1. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network - Similar Threads - Zone incorrect certain

2. incorrect time zone for bulgaria

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect time zone for bulgaria: After restart today time zone for Bulgaria was changed to Jacarta JMT +7 and this continue after switching of /on set time zone automaticallyPlease fix itPS I try to start chat with support but it also does not work...
  3. incorrect time zone for bulgaria

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect time zone for bulgaria: After restart today time zone for Bulgaria was changed to Jacarta JMT +7 and this continue after switching of /on set time zone automaticallyPlease fix itPS I try to start chat with support but it also does not work...
  4. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  5. Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zone incorrect when on a certain wifi network: My Windows 10 laptop consistently sets itself to Eastern time I am in Mountain time--this ONLY happens when connected to one certain wifi network. Six other devices on that same wifi network do NOT have this problem....
  6. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto: Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured...
  7. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto: Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured...
  8. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

9. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch (Netherlands)". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US...
  10. Incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect time zone: I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 and in the install, I chose for 'Country or region' set to"Netherlands", and 'Regional format' to "Dutch Netherlands". This is still the case looking in the settings, but at 'Date & time' my timezone options are only of UTC 'US &...