Windows 10: Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry

Discus and support Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 11, dual booting with Ubuntu via Grub, and can't figure out a way to sync time, currently it is 3 hours off.Here's some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paccolapedro, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry

Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 11, dual booting with Ubuntu via Grub, and can't figure out a way to sync time, currently it is 3 hours off.Here's some settings:3rd party-CMOS with new battery, bios clock is correct-Ubuntu with using local time via timedatectl set-local-rtc 1Windows:-Windows Time service enabled: Automatic startup, already restarted it, unregistered it and registered again via cmd. Also tried to logon via local system. None of it worked.-Windows scheduler enabled: ForceSynchronizeTime and SynchronizeTime enabled.-Firewall rule created to enable inbound traffic on UDP port 123-T

:)

paccolapedro, Mar 2, 2023
  2. Carl2k Win User

time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry

I am having issues with syncronizing the windows time, it comes up with a "time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry" message.

Have checked/tried:

Windows Time service is running and set to automatic

Tried other time servers, for instance pool.ntp.org, time.nist.gov

Tried "Use command prompt to force time sync", ended up with "The computer did not resync because no time data was available."

SFC /scannow returned no issues

Suggestions?

Carl2k, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Minnie Win User
    Date and time synchronization

@Brink

(Windows 10 22H2 19045-2130) Dear Brink I have this problem:

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry 378035d1666954494t-date-time-synchronization-impostazioni-sincronizzazione.png

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry 378036d1666954537t-date-time-synchronization-sincronizza-ora-server.png

Access Denied so I can no longer synchronize the time which server is chosen. What can you suggest me to do?

Minnie, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Minnie Win User

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry

Date and time synchronization

@Brink

Thank you so much, Brink. I have 3 restore points. I will try to choose the farthest one that arrives on 11 October even if I have never done restore operations and I hope to succeed. I'll use your "See List of All Available System Restore Points in System Protection" tutorial. Thanks I'll get in touch as soon as I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I chose the furthest Restore Point (October 11):

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry 378088d1667043099t-date-time-synchronization--restore-point-canceled.png

But it gave this error:

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry 378089d1667043175t-date-time-synchronization--restore-error.png

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to solve problems with my phone with Google search and on the site "The Geek Page" I found some information that I didn't really need but then I came across one of their pages about the synchronization problem of the now he gave, among others, the following suggestions.

From the command prompt as administrator run in order:

1) net stop w32time
    2) w32tm /unregister
    3) w32tm /register
    4 ) Restart computer

To my surprise and mystery, after trying a couple of times the problem seems to be solved, that is, both through the Control Panel and through the Settings the synchronization of the time occurs without problems in all 3 servers in the list.

I didn't understand much, but it seems to have worked for me at least until now.

Minnie, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry

1. Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry - Similar Threads - synchronization failed Please

2. Windows 11 Time Settings: "Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Time Settings: "Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity...: The time settings on my Surface Laptop Studio running Windows 11 v24H2 are severely messed up. My settings were already configured to automatically set timezone and time. The timezone is always automatically set correctly but the time for the timezone is always off by +1hr....
  3. Windows 11 Time Settings: "Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Time Settings: "Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity...: The time settings on my Surface Laptop Studio running Windows 11 v24H2 are severely messed up. My settings were already configured to automatically set timezone and time. The timezone is always automatically set correctly but the time for the timezone is always off by +1hr....
  4. Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...: Hello,This past weekend I realized my computer's time is out even though it's configured to sync time automatically to time.windows.com. When I try to do a manual Time Sync I get the following error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry"...
  5. Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...

Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...: Hello,This past weekend I realized my computer's time is out even though it's configured to sync time automatically to time.windows.com. When I try to do a manual Time Sync I get the following error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry"...
  6. Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time synchronization failed. Please check network connectivity and retry: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 11, dual booting with Ubuntu via Grub, and can't figure out a way to sync time, currently it is 3 hours off.Here's some settings:3rd party-CMOS with new battery, bios clock is correct-Ubuntu with using local time via timedatectl set-local-rtc...
  7. time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry: I am having issues with syncronizing the windows time, it comes up with a "time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry" message.Have checked/tried:Windows Time service is running and set to automaticTried other time servers, for instance...
  8. time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry

time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry: I am having issues with syncronizing the windows time, it comes up with a "time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry" message.Have checked/tried:Windows Time service is running and set to automaticTried other time servers, for instance...
  9. Time synchronization failed

Time synchronization failed: So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard....
  10. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Synchronization Failed: Hi.. I'm having problem with the time setting. The time zone is already correct UTC+7 but the time is not correct even though I set time automatically. When I try to synchronize my clock, it always fails. I wonder what's wrong with my laptop. Could anybody help me please?...