Windows 10: Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

Discus and support Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by _Alsky_, Jul 5, 2022.

1. _Alsky_ Win User

Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black screen for a split second and then the game goes minimized in the taskbar, my brightness raises to the maximum and my mouse cursor simply disappears. To go back in control, I can only restart the laptop. Once I do that, my brightness level goes back to normal on its own. I didn't notice any pattern of when the issue is happe

:)

_Alsky_, Jul 5, 2022

2. Games crashing in fullscreen mode

Hi, I have a problem with all games on my PC for a while. Every time when I try to launch games in fullscreen, they crash and won't launch. I mask the problem with windowed mode (in windowed mode there is no problem) but it's annoying and fps drops down
    in windowed mode.

I tried so many things - reinstalling display drivers, reinstalling all games and steam, some minor "fixes" that I found on the web, but nothing helps.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 x64
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    • Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU
    I really don't know what to do. I will be very happy if someone can help. Thank you!

Цветан Василев, Jul 5, 2022
  3. Scirloc Win User
    Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Jul 5, 2022
  4. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

fullscreen games on w10

anyone please tell me how to run games in fullscreen mode on windows10 bulid 14971 PC I can't play in fullscreen mode Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode :(

nuzula firdaus, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

1. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Thrown games while

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  4. Screen Glitching out While Playing Fullscreen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching out While Playing Fullscreen Games: https://youtu.be/6y8d-g0AV10My laptop screen glitches out everytime i launch a fullscreen game, the weird thing is this doesn't happen on windowed mode or if something overlaps the fullscreen. Only a few games i had ever had a problem like this....
  5. Screen Glitching out While Playing Fullscreen Games

Screen Glitching out While Playing Fullscreen Games: https://youtu.be/6y8d-g0AV10My laptop screen glitches out everytime i launch a fullscreen game, the weird thing is this doesn't happen on windowed mode or if something overlaps the fullscreen. Only a few games i had ever had a problem like this....
  6. Locking out of fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locking out of fullscreen games: Hi, Sometimes while playing games in fullscreen (like Rainbow Six Siege or League of Legends), after sending a chat message or after opening the chat window, I get locked out of the game. Meaning I can't interact with anything in the game, like menues, moving or really...
  7. Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode: Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, the taskbar pops up and locks my inputs (as it thinks I want to click on my taskbar,...
  8. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. This is also happening with fullscreen Netflix and Youtube. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed...
  9. All games blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed borderless mode, but doesn't in windowed mode. I've tried...
  10. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...