Windows 10: Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

Discus and support Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of them has this name: F_CENTRAL_vccorlib120_x64But most of the other files have stranger names like fil315465751208534162DD48EA5AFE...What are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kh Tr1, Oct 2, 2024.

1. Kh Tr1 Win User

Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

One of them has this name: F_CENTRAL_vccorlib120_x64But most of the other files have stranger names like fil315465751208534162DD48EA5AFE...What are they? And should I delete them?

:)

Kh Tr1, Oct 2, 2024
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Oct 2, 2024
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 2, 2024
  4. Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Oct 2, 2024
Thema:

Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

1. Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder - Similar Threads - Thousands weirdly named

2. Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder: One of them has this name: F_CENTRAL_vccorlib120_x64But most of the other files have stranger names like fil315465751208534162DD48EA5AFE...What are they? And should I delete them?...
  3. Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thousands of weirdly-named files appearing in my folder: One of them has this name: F_CENTRAL_vccorlib120_x64But most of the other files have stranger names like fil315465751208534162DD48EA5AFE...What are they? And should I delete them?...
  4. Thousands of files in bizarre C:\ folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thousands of files in bizarre C:\ folder: I'm running Windows 11 Home on an HP laptop with 500GB of space, but only have 50GB left. This is odd as I only have about 100GB of documents and not many apps.I was reviewing my usage and the thing that takes up most space 250GB! is a folder in C:\Jau[ovXS= full name covered...
  5. Weird Named Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  6. Weird Named Files

Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  7. Weird Administrator folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Administrator folder name: While setting a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new/blank SDD I had to do a System Recovery. Luckily the Recovery Point was pretty new, but after it finished I noticed the Administrator account was again disabled I had enabled it before. So I re-enabled the Administrator...
  8. Weird Administrator folder name

Weird Administrator folder name: While setting a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new/blank SDD I had to do a System Recovery. Luckily the Recovery Point was pretty new, but after it finished I noticed the Administrator account was again disabled I had enabled it before. So I re-enabled the Administrator...
  9. Weird Administrator folder name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Weird folders with long names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird folders with long names: So, since I have online classes, every day I use my laptop. Now, I've noticed that there are some weird folders with long names. Those names are: 3b6cb7df377683c56a62673d, 7742a23c06995f3a8408128c99427f8e, 6200093cbffe94c485458e, 15632226b3793987f8306e9a84d5,...