Windows 10: This keeps popping up then closing

Discus and support This keeps popping up then closing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This keeps popping up on my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jeremiahrenfore, Nov 6, 2021.

1. This keeps popping up then closing

This keeps popping up on my screen

:)

jeremiahrenfore, Nov 6, 2021

2. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 6, 2021
  3. My optical drive of my laptop keeps popping out

I have Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with Windows 10 on board. Every time I insert the disk into optical drive and close it, drive keeps popping out. I already tried going to the hardware management window and reinstalling it.

Any suggestions on how should I proceed with fixing this issue?

CircleCzars ACFM, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Donna Men Win User

This keeps popping up then closing

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

This keeps popping up then closing

1. This keeps popping up then closing - Similar Threads - keeps popping closing

2. CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly: Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 11 recently, and I updated everything in my PC. But my cmd is popping up and closing instantly, and it disturbs me. Is there any way to fix it?. I saw some threads in this site but unfortunately I do not have the same bug as I saw.My cmd...
  3. CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly: Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 11 recently, and I updated everything in my PC. But my cmd is popping up and closing instantly, and it disturbs me. Is there any way to fix it?. I saw some threads in this site but unfortunately I do not have the same bug as I saw.My cmd...
  4. System32 keeps popping up and closes Goggle Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System32 keeps popping up and closes Goggle Chrome: This started to happen a while back and I don't know why. System 32 would periodically pop up and Close and re open Chrome. It would also send my searches to bing. I have restarted, uninstalled Chrome, searched for malware, but it just pops back up and does it. I am getting...
  5. Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening: I've been having this issue lately where my command prompt randomly pops up and my chrome just completely closes and reopens at random time intervals. at first when my chrome reopens up no matter what I typed in the search bar or even using google.com directly it always sends...
  6. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  7. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  8. Window popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window popping up and closing instantly: Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of...
  9. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  10. Pop up saying repair, close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up saying repair, close: What do I do if a repair, or close pop up keeps popping up when using power point, excel or word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-repair-close/36793b15-04b3-4e51-8baf-66fa029ed381