Windows 10: This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

Discus and support This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and after setting it up I noticed that it's so slow. This is a brandnew computer. Please fix this!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Will Huang1, Jan 26, 2024.

1. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

I just bought a new laptop and after setting it up I noticed that it's so slow. This is a brandnew computer. Please fix this!

:)

Will Huang1, Jan 26, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 26, 2024
  3. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Jan 26, 2024
  4. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

Fan going crazy . . .

Hi Somebody50, I have a few suggestions that shouldn't be that difficult.

1) Check for a BIOS update. While you're at the manufacturers website, check for chipset and display drivers or other recommended driver updates. Please ask if you require assistance.

2) If your PC is still misbehaving after updating drivers, perform a clean boot to determine if any third-party apps are creating or contributing to this fan issue.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

3) Please update your details under "My Computer" and list a model number, cpu and drive info (SSD or HDD).

4) Check if you have any warranty coverage available.

There are more tests available if these don't provide sufficient info, one step at a time.

W10 Tweaker, Jan 26, 2024
Thema:

This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

1. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on? - Similar Threads - crazy got laptop

2. This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is crazy! I just got a new laptop and it is so slow! What's going on?: I just bought a new laptop and after setting it up I noticed that it's so slow. This is a brandnew computer. Please fix this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-crazy-i-just-got-a-new-laptop-and-it-is-so/f2b12b25-d5cf-44d3-9718-0035fe6d11af
  3. My laptop is so slow and I just purchased it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is so slow and I just purchased it: I havé a ASUS Vivobook go flip 14 I just purchased it 2 weeks ago. It tells my app not responding for everything I open up to simply start up and let me log in it takes 3 minutes. To load up an app it takes 5 just to get myself prepared for university work it takes 30 mins to...
  4. My laptop is so slow and I just purchased it

My laptop is so slow and I just purchased it: I havé a ASUS Vivobook go flip 14 I just purchased it 2 weeks ago. It tells my app not responding for everything I open up to simply start up and let me log in it takes 3 minutes. To load up an app it takes 5 just to get myself prepared for university work it takes 30 mins to...
  5. My laptop is so slow and I just purchased it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...: System: Windows 11I have tried the first 3 steps in this article: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-missing-desktop-icons/#:~:text=Enable%20Show%20Desktop%20Icons&text=Right%2Dclick%20anywhere%20on%20an,hidden%20desktop%20icons%20should%20reappear. 1. Enable Show Desktop...
  7. I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...

I just got my new laptop with Windows 11. After going through Personalization and...: System: Windows 11I have tried the first 3 steps in this article: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-missing-desktop-icons/#:~:text=Enable%20Show%20Desktop%20Icons&text=Right%2Dclick%20anywhere%20on%20an,hidden%20desktop%20icons%20should%20reappear. 1. Enable Show Desktop...
  8. so whats going on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so whats going on: so i have just saw this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inetpub-folder/aec3dd2c-f55a-4fc6-b88b-5b7c38835334the selected answer doesnt leave me "satisfied" as i have found many things im concerned with First if IIS is on my machine because i have...
  9. I just got a new lenovo laptop and the wifi isn't slow, but it seems to be disconnecting a lot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just got a new lenovo laptop and the wifi isn't slow, but it seems to be disconnecting a lot: I just got this laptop a few days ago and I downloaded Roblox on it, since I sometimes play it with my little sibling, but the game kept disconnecting me after a minute or even 10 seconds. Nothing is lagging, the game quality is great. I also tried playing with Mobile Data...
  10. so what is going on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    so what is going on?: so this has been going on recently. the mouse starts going crazy unless I restart. I found a file in the windows folder called uninst.exe (also found a bunch of python files in the windows folder), 3 days after installing DOSBox, the first 3 folders I saw in the start menu...