Windows 10: There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

Discus and support There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I was trying to find the BitLocker key from my Microsoft account that matches the recovery key. I did this before, and it succeed. However, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ziyang Huang, Jun 8, 2024.

1. There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

Hi,I was trying to find the BitLocker key from my Microsoft account that matches the recovery key. I did this before, and it succeed. However, this time, I was unable to find the matched BitLocker key. I tried signing out my Microsoft account and signing in again, but I did not see any new BitLocker key generated that matched the recovery key. I don't know how to address the issue.

:)

Ziyang Huang, Jun 8, 2024
  2. Lei Tao Win User

Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

Hello Texlion,

if the BitLocker recovery key listed in your Microsoft account does not match the Key-ID on the hard drive you have mounted, it's possible that the recovery key was not backed up to your Microsoft account or that it was not enabled on the old computer.

In this case, you may need to try other methods to recover the BitLocker recovery key. Here are some options you can try:

1. Check if you have a printed or saved copy of the BitLocker recovery key. If you saved the key to a USB drive or printed it out, you can use it to unlock the drive.

2. Check if you have a Microsoft account associated with the old computer. If you used a Microsoft account to sign in to the old computer, the BitLocker recovery key may be stored in your OneDrive account or in the Azure Active Directory.

If none of above steps work, you may need to contact Microsoft team (Contact Us - Microsoft Support) for further help.

Best regards,

Lei

Lei Tao, Jun 8, 2024
  3. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Jun 8, 2024
  4. CecilyCL Win User

There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

What to do when Bitlocker key doesn't match

I found my Bitlocker key from Microsoft account, so I am sure the key is correct. It just said the key doesn't match when I typed in.

CecilyCL, Jun 8, 2024
Thema:

There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

1. There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - matched BitLocker key

2. There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no matched BitLocker key from my Microsoft account: Hi,I was trying to find the BitLocker key from my Microsoft account that matches the recovery key. I did this before, and it succeed. However, this time, I was unable to find the matched BitLocker key. I tried signing out my Microsoft account and signing in again, but I did...
  3. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  4. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  5. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. My bitlocker key didn't match

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  7. My bitlocker key didn't match

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My bitlocker key didn't match: I have a Lenovo pc .It's bitlocker key didn't match.What to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-didnt-match/392fb5a9-8904-464a-98e6-e94b45db85ca
  8. My bitlocker key didn't match

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account: Hello Community, I am having an issue accessing a local drive due to a bitlocker error. I had a brand new Dell G5 computer that was completely destroyed in an accident. I was able to successfully extract the intact hard drive of the computer from the wreckage and insert...
  10. bitlocker recovery key not matching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bitlocker recovery key not matching: My recovery key is not matching with the recovery key id that i have, how can i check my linked account using my key id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-not-matching/086195a6-ec57-4de1-a2e7-01cf126b1a41