Windows 10: The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

Discus and support The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows 11. After a few months, I realized my Xbox app won't launch. When I open the app, it gets stuck on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Billy McNamee, May 18, 2024.

1. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows 11. After a few months, I realized my Xbox app won't launch. When I open the app, it gets stuck on the screen saying “Launching the Xbox App.” I know that the app is updated because this background is new. I have tried both repairing and resetting the app but it does not change anything. I have also deleted and redownloaded the app many times in different ways. I don't get any error when I open the app. Along with the Xbox app issue is the Microsoft store Issue. When I attempt to download a game from the Xbox app the install button turns gray and refu

:)

Billy McNamee, May 18, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games tipsmall.png
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, May 18, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games tipsmall.png
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, May 18, 2024
  4. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

Problem with lanching games from the Microsoft Store or Xbox App

So i think i have googled myself insane over this

Recently i upgraded my motherboard and CPU, with this i also installed Windows again, now when i try to launch any games installed either via the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app it just opens the microsoft store to the game services page.

I have tried googling and it seems to be a common issue, and i have tried all the solutions suggested

List of what i have tried:

-Rebooting my computer

-reseting the Microsoft store with WSRESET

-Tried repairing game services

-Tried resetting game services

-Deleted game services and game services net in registry

-Repaired the game

-reset the game

-Uninstalling and reinstalling game services

-Using a windows image to repair

-Windows troubleshooter

-Reinstalled the Xbox App

-Updated to windows 11 (although i didnt really want to)

After all this the problem still persists. I am reluctent to reinstall the game as my internet is quite slow and i share 200GB a month with my family

So now i come here seeking help, does anyone have a suggestion to what i can do further.

I appreciate any help or suggestions

Thank you

Vegard Elvevoll Johansen, May 18, 2024
Thema:

The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

1. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games - Similar Threads - Xbox app won't

2. The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Xbox app won't launch and the Microsoft store will not install Xbox games: Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows 11. After a few months, I realized my Xbox app won't launch. When I open the app, it gets stuck on the screen saying “Launching the Xbox App.” I know that the app is updated because this background is new. I have tried both repairing...
  3. Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game: So I've been trying to install Hell Let Loose from Game Pass. The download works fine but when it comes to installing it shows up an error code 0x80073d0d on Xbox App with the description "the deployment operation failed because the volume is offline" on Microsoft Store.I'm...
  4. Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App/Microsoft Store won't let me install a game: So I've been trying to install Hell Let Loose from Game Pass. The download works fine but when it comes to installing it shows up an error code 0x80073d0d on Xbox App with the description "the deployment operation failed because the volume is offline" on Microsoft Store.I'm...
  5. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  6. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  7. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  8. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  9. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  10. Xbox Game Bar won't launch

Xbox Game Bar won't launch: For the last couple weeks my xbox game bar hasn't been launching, I even had a 90 min call with Microsoft support and we couldn't fix it in that time and all I can do is use my case number and hope that we can pick up where I left off last call. But is there a way to do it...