Windows 10: The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

Discus and support The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop which has 3 USB ports; 2 attached to the motherboard and 1 on a separate small circuit board attached by a ribbon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by will hough, Jun 5, 2024.

1. The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop which has 3 USB ports; 2 attached to the motherboard and 1 on a separate small circuit board attached by a ribbon cable there is an SD card reader also on this separate board which still works fine. All three of my USB ports failed simultaneously. I've tested a mouse and a memory stick on all three; both devices work on a different computer. I've tried the following to fix this problem: Dell SupportAssist - I've ran a hardware scan and boost performance, but neither worked. Reset BIOS to factory defaults AND updated the BIOS. I've ran a hardware diagno

:)

will hough, Jun 5, 2024

2. Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

As I can see you are still getting the same error ‘unknown USB device (port reset failed)’. But don’t worry, you can try the below-working solution to tackle the situation:

1. Unplug USB & Reboot Computer
    2. Try A Different USB Port
    3. Uninstall & Install A USB Driver Again
    4. Change Setting Of The Power Management
    5. Disable Quick Startup
    6. Connect USB To Another PC.
    To know thorough steps of these solutions, simply check out this post: [FIXED] Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) Error – 7 Ways

I hope this will help you. Good luck…!

TaposhiSahu, Jun 5, 2024
  3. Ruz San Win User
    USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Jun 5, 2024
  4. jjtyler Win User

The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jun 5, 2024
Thema:

The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

1. The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work. - Similar Threads - USB ports laptop

2. The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop which has 3 USB ports; 2 attached to the motherboard and 1 on a separate small circuit board attached by a ribbon cable there is an SD card reader also on this separate board which still works fine. All three of my USB ports failed...
  3. The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The USB ports on my laptop have failed and no solution on the internet seems to work.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop which has 3 USB ports; 2 attached to the motherboard and 1 on a separate small circuit board attached by a ribbon cable there is an SD card reader also on this separate board which still works fine. All three of my USB ports failed...
  4. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  5. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  6. All USB port failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB port failed: Hello everyone, Many times when I plug devices in USB port I have noticed report from my system "this devices may work faster if you connect it to faster port... " and finally my devices was disconnected by system. This was happened with random devices like phone, many...
  7. USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work

USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work: Hey guys, I've had a Sandberg webcam 1080P HD 133-96 for a couple of months now and have always had some issues with it, but most of the times plugging it out and in seemed to fix any issues I've had. However lately the webcam has stopped working properly - it only works...
  8. The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports: The newest Windows update has disabled my USB ports, making it so I can't use my mouse. Seriously, I should turn off updates as they seem to bring problems more than anything else...
  9. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  10. No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop: Hi guys, Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009 Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB...