Windows 10: The start button is not responding.

Discus and support The start button is not responding. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ciaran Mackenzie, Sep 8, 2023.

1. The start button is not responding.

The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked.

:)

Ciaran Mackenzie, Sep 8, 2023
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Sep 8, 2023
  3. Start button in Win10 not responding on click.

I have upgraded to Window10 (Free), after some months my Start Button not responding if Left clicked, not showing Menu. But Right click is responding, tried Fix Errors but no use. Any suggestions? Thanx.

ArvindDalvi, Sep 8, 2023
  4. imanalien Win User

The start button is not responding.

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Sep 8, 2023
Thema:

The start button is not responding.

1. The start button is not responding. - Similar Threads - start button responding

2. The start button is not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start button is not responding.: The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked....
  3. Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond: It happened to me today. Apparently one of my friends has same issue. submitted by /u/thracia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zmqj40/start_button_search_and_calendar_in_the_taskbar/
  4. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  5. Windows Start Button Not Responding

Windows Start Button Not Responding: When I click on start Button on desktop the start menu of all apps are not opening. Even when I press the Windows key from my keyboard the start menu is not opening. I have even confirmed that the Windows key is working by pressing Win+R , the Run Window comes. I dont know...
  6. Wifi button not responding

Wifi button not responding: I have tried everything from restarting windows explorer and other things. I press the network button in windows 10 from the taskbar and it just wouldnt work and respond....
  7. My Start button and Task Bar do not respond

My Start button and Task Bar do not respond: Any suggestions /obviously cannot add question mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-task-bar-do-not-respond/cf5e8380-c786-49ff-8b05-9caeeed98bfa
  8. windows 10 start button isn't responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 start button isn't responding: my start button isn't responding when the keyboard windows button is depressed and also when the mouse is used to click the start button it isn't responding either...
  9. Start Button Not Responding-All taksbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Not Responding-All taksbar: Can You Help me how to Fix this problem This File Does Not Have A Program Associated With It For Performing This Action. Please instal an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page. thanks :)...
  10. 10049->10074 Start button doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10049->10074 Start button doesn't respond: Just completed update. Get nothing when I click on the start button. Everything else seems fine. 10049 and earlier have been fine. Really don't want to have to do yet another clean install. Seems to have been an issue for others on 10049 & 10041 which were fine for me but...