Windows 10: The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns...

Discus and support The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please help to sign in to my window i have some important work it's been 3 days and have tried everything to sign in but nothing works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Armaan K, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Armaan K Win User

The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns...

Please help to sign in to my window i have some important work it's been 3 days and have tried everything to sign in but nothing works

:)

Armaan K, Jul 25, 2024

2. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."

We do not have any other sign in option available to us on the device, and so are having to wait for 2 hours each time the message appears which results in the computer being unusable for a significant amount of time.

We are not repeatedly entering the password, as suggested by the error message, this message is appearing when we initially start up the computer. The computer is shutdown correctly at the end of the day, and not multiple times as suggested by the error message.

This error message seems to be appearing on our device several times throughout the week.

Heather O'Donnell, Jul 25, 2024
  3. user982 Win User
    Is there a way to disable “sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”

I’d like to know the answer to this because everytime i go to turn my PC off and turn it on the next day, “sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” shows up.

user982, Jul 25, 2024
  4. FHH529 Win User

The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns...

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns" but why?

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again" This message comes up almost everytime laptop is turned on, it hasn't had incorrect pin put in or any failed sign in or repeated shutdowns. The laptop only has pin or fingerprint options to sign in and it won't allow either without waiting 2 hours which is veri impractical. Is there a way to stop this happening?

It's an hp laptop, I think it's windows 11

FHH529, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

1. The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns... - Similar Threads - sign option disabled

2. The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The sign in option is disabled because of the failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns...: Please help to sign in to my window i have some important work it's been 3 days and have tried everything to sign in but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because-of-the/530a55d4-f181-4dcb-9c44-c79c3b5a71b5
  3. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again. I am not getting any forgot pin or any other option How can i fix this issue....
  4. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  5. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: Hi, please help! So last night my pc got a command like this:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again".But this morning I...
  6. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns: I didn't use my computer for a while and tried switching on and logging in. It said "this sign in option is diables due to..... " So I waited for two hours and was able to login, next day when I opened my computer same thing repeated I chose 'forgot password' and verified my...
  7. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have issues with Windows 11 that I unable to log in with the error "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a....."I already try wait 2 hours but it still the same. Please help me on this...
  8. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: Hello Sir/Madam.I just used it 5 hours ago at school and then I came home and opened it up it showed like this : "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at...
  9. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: So randomly last night about 12 hours ago my laptop with Windows 11 shows the above error message when I input my pin."This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for...
  10. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns: For close to a week now, my laptop has been going to the blue screen and automatically restarting. The stop code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I had not yet fixed this problem, but my laptop was still usable, as I could often still use it for extended periods of time....