Windows 10: The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...

Discus and support The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have no work or school accounts linked to this PC and I have never joined a domain or organization with it. I have tried enabling it in registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Default__14, Sep 23, 2024 at 3:27 AM.

1. The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...

I have no work or school accounts linked to this PC and I have never joined a domain or organization with it. I have tried enabling it in registry editor and gpedit but to no avail. I then realised that i didnt have the app so i installed it but the settings are still grey.

:)

2. Mayon Win User

Check apps and files is greyed out - this setting is managed by your administrator

Hi Lizette

I created a new users profile as per your advise but the issue persist.

Still cannot configure and the systems says ;\"this setting is managed by your admin" Does not make sense.

Any other suggestion is welcome

Thanks

3. Jackal Win User
    Some settings are managed by your organisation.

Hi there
    I got issue at customer where no-one can change the "set time automatically"feature to be disabled on Win 10 1511.If they change dates it jumps back by itself.Does anyone know how to disable this from happening if it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation "and greyed out

I need maybe the gpedit steps to do this or registry key to change.It never happened to Win 7 pc's in domain.I did try changing group policy in domain server but still the same

4. yogalD Win User

The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...

Settings links broken

Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it would be most welcome.

• In Settings>System>About, clicking "Device Manager" at the bottom of the page results in an error:
      The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by... 94238d1485970158t-settings-links-broken-err1.png
    • Every link to Device Manager in Settings gives the same error
    • System>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Color Management, Color Calibration, ClearType text, and Display adapter properties give an error
    • Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional mouse options: error again
    • Network & Internet>Change adapter options: error
    • Probably many more links are broken, I didn't bother to check.
    Seriously, WTF Microsoft. And I'm usually the one who never has any problems with Windows, so this must be serious.

Thema:

The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...

1. The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by... - Similar Threads - settings phone link

2. The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings in phone link are greyed out and says some of these settings are managed by...: I have no work or school accounts linked to this PC and I have never joined a domain or organization with it. I have tried enabling it in registry editor and gpedit but to no avail. I then realised that i didnt have the app so i installed it but the settings are still grey....
  3. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  4. onedrive settings is greyed out

onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  5. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  6. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  7. Location Services greyed out "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Location Services greyed out "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...: Hi : We just recently build few Surface Pro LTE devices, and we enrolled them via Autopilot hybrid joined. Soon once we finished provision those surfaces, I found out the location services is greyed out. also have red message on top saying *Some of these settings are hidden...
  8. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  9. Sync settings greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sync settings greyed out: back in 2015 there was a problem with this. I just took delivery of a brand new All in One PC with windows 10 Home pre-installed I set the machine up with my usual account and password. When I go to sync settings there is a message that "Sync is not available with your...
  10. Greyed-out Diagnostics data / red "Some settings are..."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Greyed-out Diagnostics data / red "Some settings are...": Hi, Shawn! This is driving me nuts @ 3AM. I'd updated my x64 Win 10 to the 1709 fall update, and it started having problems I couldn't fix, so did an in-place of that ISO over it, and it's working fine except for what looks like WinUpdate-caused policy trouble. I'd set it to...