Windows 10: The second monitor flickers and turns off

Discus and support The second monitor flickers and turns off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hal9000_A, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Hal9000_A Win User

The second monitor flickers and turns off

Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn off or flicker. The second monitor doesn't turn off when I'm watching videos or the like. It turns off on certain web pages for no apparent reason. When, for example, I play minecraft classic in the browser, there are times when it starts to flicker or turns off. When I browse some web pages like a blog, sometimes it t

:)

Hal9000_A, Mar 15, 2022

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Mar 15, 2022
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Mar 15, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Monitor flicker

Hi,

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest following the steps provided in this
    article and see if it will work for you.

Get back to us with the result if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

1. The second monitor flickers and turns off - Similar Threads - second monitor flickers

2. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  3. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  4. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor flickering on and off on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Second monitor flickering on and off on Windows PC: [IMG]If you have a two-monitor setup and the second monitor on your Windows 11/10 system is flickering on and off, then this post offers some helpful suggestions to successfully resolve the issue. Why is the second monitor flickering on and off on my computer? In reality, the...
  6. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  7. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  8. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second monitor keeps turning off and on: I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  10. Second monitor flickering on and off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor flickering on and off in Windows 10: I had a windows 7 setup that worked fine with a second monitor. I switched to windows 10 and upgraded from a 64GB SSD to a 256GB SSD. My second monitor flickers off and stays off for a random amount of time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Catalyst Control,...