Windows 10: The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them

Discus and support The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-letters-qweruiop-on-my-keyboard-are-not/c1e7190a-54ec-4f5f-92c8-9897a04473b8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Asubonteng Mensah, Jul 8, 2024.

1. The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them

Please help me

:)

Asubonteng Mensah, Jul 8, 2024
  2. mrjagdad Win User

Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys

Computer: Lenovo Edge 2

Keyboard Drive: Up to date

Issue: The letters QWERUIOP are not working on my latptop keyboard once I login.

When I get to the login screen, I can use type any characters and they all work.

Once I login I can type any characters except, QWERUIOP, and they all work.

If I type any of the characters QWERUIOP the keyboard stops working.

My USB keyboard always works, my onscreen keyboard always works.

If I logout, ctrl-alt-delete, Sign Out, then bring up the login screen again all the characters work.

When I login all characters work except for, QWERUIOP. Once I type one of those keys my keyboard freezes.

This includes the Fn->Space Bar combo to lower or raise the intensity of my backlit keyboard.

I have rebooted multiple types. I have shut the computer down and started it multiple times, same thing.

When I go into Device Manager -> Keyboard I see the following drivers

HID Keyboard Device

Lenovo Keyboard Device

I have uninstalled both and reinstalled them, no change in issue.

If anyone has any ideas, would appreciate help.

Thank you,

mrjagdad, Jul 8, 2024
  3. mrjagdad Win User
    Keyboard QWERUIOP not working on laptop keyboard - Hangs all keyboard keys

Interesting phenomena

When I Sign Out, I can then type any character, including QWERUIOP, in the signin space

and the characters work. The keyboard does not hang.

After logging in all characters work except QWERUIOP, if I type one of them the keyboard

again hangs.

Sign Out and everything works again.

mrjagdad, Jul 8, 2024
  4. Tian Xiu Win User

The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them

QWERUIOP 789+ keys not work

I'm using the KRS-85 from A4Tech and QWERUIOP and numberpad 789+ don't work. This problem has already happened 2 times ago except it would only be QWERUIOP but somehow fixes itself. I already tried sfc scannow, uninstalling keyboard drivers. troubleshooting, changing usb slots, and changing settings but none worked. There are some weird things that happen like when I hold [ and i spam qweruiop it would say "Turn on caret browsing?" and turn caps lock on and off. There is also when I hold 789 from the number pad it would completely type different keys like zxcvbnm,.. On screen and laptop keyboard work fine. I also have not changed any settings on my keyboard. Any fix?

Tian Xiu, Jul 8, 2024
Thema:

The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them

1. The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them - Similar Threads - letters “QWERUIOP” keyboard

2. The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The letters; “QWERUIOP” on my keyboard are not responding when I hit them: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-letters-qweruiop-on-my-keyboard-are-not/c1e7190a-54ec-4f5f-92c8-9897a04473b8
  3. QWERUIOP keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QWERUIOP keyboard is not working: Hello! I’m using HP ELITEBOOK 1030 G3 running on window 11, some of my keyboard hasn’t been working at all which are QWERUIOP , I’ve updated my laptop several times and I’ve even factory reset my laptop yet the error persists, I’ve deleted the keyboard driver and reset my...
  4. QWERUIOP keyboard is not working

QWERUIOP keyboard is not working: Hello! I’m using HP ELITEBOOK 1030 G3 running on window 11, some of my keyboard hasn’t been working at all which are QWERUIOP , I’ve updated my laptop several times and I’ve even factory reset my laptop yet the error persists, I’ve deleted the keyboard driver and reset my...
  5. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  6. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  7. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Letters keys on keyboard aren’t responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letters keys on keyboard aren’t responding: Haven’t turned on my pc in about 3 months. When I booted it up all my keys work except any of my letter keys. I’ve tried restarting the PC and unplugged the keyboard. I’m not very good at tech and I can’t sign into my computer. Thank you! Also the keys don’t feel stuck and...
  9. Letters keys on keyboard aren’t responding

Letters keys on keyboard aren’t responding: Haven’t turned on my pc in about 3 months. When I booted it up all my keys work except any of my letter keys. I’ve tried restarting the PC and unplugged the keyboard. I’m not very good at tech and I can’t sign into my computer. Thank you! Also the keys don’t feel stuck and...
  10. Letters keys on keyboard aren’t responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware